Friday, July 25, 2008

The Sweetest Somewhat Indescribable Things Part Two

The gift of voice
What a beautiful gift.
The ability to just grab a mic and just make beauiful music is power. To have your voice bring happiness and awe to an audience, is phenomonel. I wish I had the gift of voice. I sing yes, when I'm alone and there isn't anyone to make fun. My best friend told me I wasn't bad but I dream of having Mariah Carey's voice. Hearing her sing brings shivers down my spine. Hearing anyone sing beautifully brings me shivers. I liked making music when I was little, and my sister Caroline would always be the one drumming on the diaper dispenser. I would sing and Caroline would drum and dance.

I loathed dancing then. Now, I can't stop. Caroline has got the gift. She can sing really, really, well. My parents have realized this too. But, my dad doesn't think a professional singer is a good profession. He doesn't want us to be involved in the media, but I do. For a whole different reason. The gift of voice is so sweet. So precious. So if you have it, cherish it. Thank God for blessing you with such an incrediable talent. Don't waste it, because there are alot of people who yearn for the ability that you have.

Good Memories
Ah yes, those memories. Your first kiss, your first love, the academic success that made you feel good. Any memory that makes you feel good is of course, a good memory. Good memories are like scenes from a movie that we can hit replay incessantly. But why do they makes us feel good? Because everything went as planned at that moment or what? Something little or big must of happened at that moment to make it complete. Maybe something went astray, then all the sudden the problem was resolved.

Compliments
" You look nice." "You look beautiful." "Lookin good, man!" Compliments makes anyone feel good about themselves. They're really ego boosters. So,take every compliment you receive, because you look different in someone else's eyes. Don't deny those nice compliments. I find that whenever I get a compliment from the opposite sex, I feel much better! Admit it! Guys, if a girl complimented you it has much more significant effect. You too girls!

Cheer tip of the day: " Practice! Practice!"


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish that i had the voice of mariah carey... but i think that that would be mean to steal her voice from her. especially when i have my own! (not saying mine is good, but i do enjoy singing. =])

if you want to be famous, use it as a way to get other people to God, right? when everyones listening, what better way to speak the gospel?

ah, compliments. they bring out the best in people, and really make people do the best they can at whatever they do. and they make you feel good! to give or recieve! woohoo for compliments, hah.

Skippy said...

I really can't sing...no no I can't sing, I shatter glass in the bad kinda way.

Dancing although...I can do!

-sweet post

Sam said...

I love singing! I'm more nervous now to get on a stage in front of people than I was when I was young.
but I love this post, it is so sweet.

Samuel Lago Pedro said...

hum... kind of... I think everybody is romantic in a certain way.

But, why do you think so?

;)

Anonymous said...

I'ld also love to sing! But I'm such a bad singer! Horrible! But I think it's okay to sing under the shower!

And I love to get and give compliments! It great to cheer up people even with some kind words.

Samuel Lago Pedro said...

yeah, i guess i am... lol

anyway, hate makes me stronger. :p

gossipgirlxoxo said...

Hi
The only(and i mean only)type of singing I can half do would be musicals!!

I love getting compliments even if they are obviously fake!

xo xo

Anonymous said...

i love singing when no one is around.

i like your blog.. you always talk about important things.

Kendall Eva said...

You're so right, for years I had the WORST stage fright ever, I wouldn't even sing in front of my family...
Now I realize that I shouldn't be afraid to do what I really love:) Ur blog is really sick!

Anonymous said...

THanks for the comment. Just to add though, I am similar to you when it comes to singing I like to do it when no one is around even though I have been told I am good before. No secrets can be kept for long :-)

~Kristin

Anonymous said...

man can you write

Stephanie said...

Meh, I am completely content with my voice. I can suck as much as I want to, I shouldn't care what others think-- I'm not going professional lol..
Compliments rock, but I don't get them that often. Yeah, compliments from the opposite sex are usually more of an ego-booster. =D

Anonymous said...

All of my friends think that I am a good singer but I don't think I am very good. I think it's because I am nervous about what people will think of me or that I will embarrass myself.

Anonymous said...

Agh don't listen to your sis:-) I bet you can sing! Thanks for the comment by the way :-)

SB said...

Okay to answer your question.. My big tip would probably be just to smile the entire time. Even if you mess up, keep smiling and DON'T STOP! Just keep going because most of the time they won't notice!

Good Luck with your tryouts and I'm sure you'll do amazing! :)

Sianne I Am said...

I especially agree with the one about compliments, so true. And Mariah Carey does have an amazing voice!