Wednesday, July 9, 2008

If you get too close... I might not let you go.

My girls.
Mel, Evan, and Lexi. Some calls us a clique, but I call them my sisters. Every single one of them has my back. When I crumble and fall, they lift me up. Mel inspires me the most. She's intelligent and artistic, and has the qualities of a true friend. Evan gives me guts and confidence. She's "miss independent" and has taught me the meaning of girl power. And lastly, Lexi. She's heartfelt and romantic. She is a dreamer- the dreamer. All this girl wants is love. I am attached to all three of them- not clingy, but I'm attached. I love them all so much. I don't think I can let go.

My cousin.
Nicole. She is so close to Christ that the closeness motivates me to be in her place. She has taught me so much about faith. I can tell Nicole just about anything and I always get the right answer. We are so close that at one point my sister accussed me of "hogging" her. I don't know; maybe I was at the time, maybe I am. But, I'm the only one who calls her on a regular basis. How can you not expect us to get close? Her brother gets very jealous and yet, he doesn't like talking to me so I honestly don't know what his problem is. All I know is that, I don't hog people. It's just that I want people to get close to me. I don't know why. I want to feel bonds with other people, I want to feel a connection. You can't call that selfish. I just want to be accepted and liked and loved by others. There are certain people that I just can't get close to. They won't allow it- or the friendship is half broken. It's diffcult for me to explain... maybe I do hog people if they get too close. I don't want them all to myself, I just don't want them to drift away from me.

My sister.
Caroline is her name. We are only one year apart and we are unbelieveably close. We are always together, and we're always talking and sharing secrets. Caroline is my best friend. If any of you readers have a sister who you are close with, you would understand the closeness and the connection. If I see her get close to anyone else, I might not let go.
Time to break a bad habit.


UPDATE ON MY LIFE-Cheerleading was awesome!!! It's the best thing I have EVER done. I was sore, tired, and sweaty but I was still happy and smiling. The gym is so comfortable; they played music in the backround. It's not easy, I know that. It's tough but the coachs there are really good and they care about you. The other girls there are really friendly as well. My friend Mel(she's part of the reason why cheerleading was made possible for me) said that her cohort, Chris(not the school hottie) is looking for a pure, innocent, good girl to be with. He said that the girls at his school are trashy and he's not into girls who don't respect themselves. " Rose, Chris would really like you, and you would really like him. He's so sweet!" Hmm.... well we were suppose to meet up on Monday but I had cheer. "When do I get to meet him?" I asked, eagerly. "Soon, Mel repiled. "Before summer ends."


"It doesn't matter what people think about cheerleading, if it's something that you love to do than that's all that counts." Author Jade, Barbourville, KY, USA




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with Chris!

Aurley said...

Ohh Interesting post and I can relate to alot of what yo said abot friends, Were very similar in fact. Oh, and good luck with Chris.
Your blog is so interesting... The reason I linked to it.
Oh, and Im glad you like cheerleading!
~Aurley

Alyssa said...

awwww! Chris sounds great :D
I am glad I met you!
OH yeah. A lady from planned parenthood came and showed us how to use a condom.
It was a little awkward XD

Jordyn said...

the way that you connect to people--it happens to a lot of people. you just want to be...accepted. and once you are accepted, you want to stay that way forever. everyone is that way--even if its just a little bit. but then, if you ever did lose that person, you'd be heartbroken and you wouldnt know how to overcome your sadness. you're not a hog. you're just like every other person in America.

im happy that you are enjoying cheerleading. i used to do it too, and it is a lot of hard work...anyways, i hope things with you and chris work out, and you will have to keep us updated. ♥

Alexis101 said...

WOW you knit!!! SO do I!!!!! I hate being bored too... :)

Alexis101 said...

I sold some of my stuff I made and got $50

Sianne I Am said...

No, you are so not selfish or a hog of your friends. Its just a matter of neing loved like you said and thats how every normal human being is. I think its cool that you are so close to people.

Cheer sounds like your having a good time. I know, even when things are hard work, they are still super fun. As long as it keeps you happy. Thats kinda how softball is for me. Oh and good luck with Chris, he sounds like a really nice guy. I can't wait to hear how things turn out! :D

SB said...

I love your blog! The quote in the end is my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

omg u r so not a hog! everyone feels that way. awww good luck with chris. he sounds so sweet. don't worry. he'll like u.

Anonymous said...

aww it's brilliant to have such wonderful friends.
Hold onto them because true friends are very hard to find.

and good luck with Chris!

AudreyDarling said...

awwww,
chris seems reallll sweet :D

Cait said...

cool about your friends and family. brothers can be confusing. i hope he'll come around..sooner or later.

pocketz♥full♥of♥posiez said...

i looked at your profile and all i could say was if i knew you in person you would have to be a close friend
just from your profile and ur blog i can tell you coool
:) thnx for the comment

..... said...

oh dude dont hurt too much yourself with your brother !! im havin to same problem with my younger bro !! it sucks but time will make this change !! no worries

Rose Valentine said...

Well Mr.style, I don't have a brother- it's my cousins brother...

Jen said...

You are so wise! I feel EXACTLY the way u do about friendship, I want that close loving bond with every one of my friends, but ur so right, some people just won't let you get close and feel that love!