Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emotional


Last night on my way to cheerleading, I was feeling (for some reason) very emotional. My eyes were watering and I was consistently trying to blink them away. I was in the car with my dad, who loathed tears, so I didn't have a choice. All day I was trying to practice my cheerleading- to get the perfect round-off and I guess (as I was thinking about it) I was getting a bit frustrated and stressed. But then again, I don't think that's the reason. I just felt melancholy for no reason. I felt like crying for no reason. I normally don't cry alot. I know there's nothing wrong with crying but sometimes I just want to hold it in. I hate the fact that girls and women can get very emotional because alot of people look down on that. But, being emotional helps us be sympathetic towards other people, which makes women care and nuture for their children. I don't know.... I am baffled. Why was I feeling down about nothing? Is that even possible? Well on my way back from cheering, the tears actually did come and instantly I stopped them short so my dad wouldn't see. I hate crying. Is that a bad thing?
Cheer quote:"Cheerleading is the best out there!!! Cheerleaders rock!! for all the teams out there good luck and keep cheering!!!"; author "Kayla, MA, USA"

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, not at all. Sometimes people get emotional because they bottle it up, and it's been so filled up, it just bursts. I do like the feeling of crying after it's done because it's release of fresh air. But I don't actually like crying because your eyes get watery and your vision is blurry. You feel as though everybody is watching, wondering what's wrong.

Well thanks for the comment. :)

Jordyn said...

its not a bad thing--to not want to cry--i dont know very many people that like to, because then everyboby comes over and has to ask whats wrong, and you dont want that attention. anyways, i get like that too, where you just cant help but cry, but you dont know why, and its like, why am i crying???i think its perfectly normal to cry out of the blue and not know why you're doing so. hope i helped, and keep up the great posts...

Ada Beth Croft said...

Sometimes when I cry it doesn't help when someone asks me whats wrong. I ususally feel worse. My dad is like yours. NO CRYING UNLESS SOMEONE DIES. So as a result I hold it in. It is OK to cry, I have felt that way before. Thanks for all your comments!

Sianne I Am said...

Its totally okay. I hate crying too. I feel like a big baby and I don't want anyone to think I'm "sensitive." Because I'm not. I sometimes cry out of the blue too. I never can figure out why but I just ask myself why I am and tell myself its no big deal. Eventually I stop and get over it. The only thing is that I feel so lame. I hope you do better with your round-offs. Good luck. ��

Tiana Cole said...

Sometimes random crying can come from PMS; I know I get that way sometimes, but I'm not normally a big crier. I'm more of the bottle-it-up type. Still, every once in a while, it just feels good to have a good cry, even if you really have no good reason to be crying anyway.

gossipgirlxoxo said...

I hate whenever a girl in my class is really mean to me. And i cry...
i know it sounds pathetic but sometimes i can't help it!! i also hate it when people ask you if your ok when your really not!

thanks for commenting!

and i love your blog!xo xo

Jen said...

I very rarely cry and usually never in front of anyone, but sometimes it feels good to cry, even if it's for no reason!

Smara said...

I know exactly how that is, sometimes right before I'm about to leave the house I get really emotional over absolutely nothing and start uncontrollably bawling my eyes out. Once or twice I was actually late for school because of it! I'm not the type of person to try and hold in tears though. I actually sometimes find myself fighting for them to pour out. I can't cry in front of people. IDK why it's so hard for me to do. Like you though, I don't cry a lot. Unless it's over a movie (haha!) or something really upsetting. Crying isn't a bad thing though, it can even help you feel better in some situations.

Anonymous said...

hm crying for reason thats not bad sometimes things are just bottled up sometimes you need to cry its makes everyone stronger:)

Anonymous said...

ive decided to reward you!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm ..
It's not that I don't like crying in front of people .. I just don't like the attention I would attract if I were to cry. =S
Thanks for commenting!
Come again.
And keep up the good work!

*October said...

its so not a bad thing to cry.
to be honest i'm a huge cry baby!!
it just helps me get over myself.........

Anonymous said...

well that means a lot to me that you think that....

abby :) said...

yeah i know how you feel. sometimes i get like that. i just let it all out.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's really good to just let your feelings loose and just cry...Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I really love yours!!-Krosemarie