Thursday, July 17, 2008

Size Matters?


The pressure to have the "bigger boobs" and the " the bigmanly triceps" is getting higher than ever before. And of course, all this unnecessary nonsense is coming from the media and is targeting today's young people. These models the post all over the place are giving us false images of the "perfect people". Really, there is no such thing as the 'perfect person' but, people still airbrush these models. Everything is airbrushed. Why isn't anyone good enough? I have to say that the media are monsters. They don't realize how many lives they have destroyed and how many minds they are corrupting. It's disgusting, and it makes me so mad! And the media does it so well that they suck in a good amount of people. According them, if guys aren't "buff enough" or tall enough and if girls don't have big breasts, they are not considered beautiful. And unfortunately, they're are alot of people out there with these false images glued in their mind and that becomes their ultimate goal- to become what the media created. The pressure to be model stick thin for girls/women is rising. You don't have to be a size zero to be attractive. And guys don't have to have a six-pack to be considered handsome. I have noticed that alot of my guyfriends are hitting the gyms and working out nowadays.

Now, I'm not trying to say working out is bad, but from what I've seen from my guyfriends and some of the guys from my year (who are mostly athletes) that they are doing alot of excess benching. The benching has now been a competition for them. It's ridiculous, and I highly doubt they're benching to increase endurance and all that for the sports they play. They're doing it for the girls and I am not impressed. One of my guyfriends (His name is Derek) would flex in my face and make comments such as, "I'm getting stronger", and I would just give him a "I don't care" look. I could honestly care less if some guy had a six pack or 'manly triceps.' Those things don't matter to me- they don't shouldn't matter at all. Guys shouldn't be pressured to become the big 'alpha man' to get attention from girls. The media is telling them to do so and that's just not right. Yes, I've been a victim of following suit of the media when it comes to breast size. The thing is, I'm tiny. I'm about 5'2 and my weight is about average, I think. So therefore, I'm pretty flat chested. It use to bother me alot, considering the fact that my sister(who's a year younger than me) had bigger breasts than me and most of the girls in my year had breasts the size of a grown women.

Then I realized that breasts are just... well breasts! Just like hair, is just hair. I've learned to accept my body and not let the parts of it define who I am. When people make fun, I ignore it. They're shallow anyway and unlike them I don't pay attention to size. Sure, if I stop growing I can get surgery, but is all that pain and hassle worth it? How is changing a part of my body for now reason benefical for me in any way? I've got a lot to offer to the world; my heart and talents. Body not included.
Cheer quote of the day:Fly high, do or die, dare to dream, cheer extreme." Author Kara, WC, Ohio, USA "Ability may be what takes you to the top, but it is character that keeps you there." Author Katie, Clinton, MS, USA


21 comments:

Skippy said...

LOVE this post.
It's what I've been thinking and feeling for so long. It's ture persure for the "perfect" self image is bad(you already know this). I just hate to think about all the girls/boys who do damageing things to themselves in the name of beauty.

anaaaaaaishh :D said...

that is a really good post. no one i know has really fallen into this yet but i;m sure it;ll happen eventually<3

Syed said...

Wonderful wonderful post! It's sadly true that these pressures exist, and it usually ends up being a competition between the same sex than an attempt to 'attract' the opposite sex.

laura xo said...

i love this. in health class last year we spent like a month studing this and still everyone (including me) was obsessed with weight, muscles or breast size. it seems that it really doesn't matter who trys to get through to you. you won't listen. you have to figure it out on your own. i have had an eating disorder, but i am better now, but still, even though i know it's stupid, i still strive to be thiner. no matter how many people say i'm skinny. but i know it's all from the media. one time i was swimmng with my friends and i was wearing a bikini. then when i got home i started watching tv, and i saw people so much thinner than me at the beach and i started feeling really bad about myself and swore not to go swimming until i lost weight.

*October said...

its awesome to see that there are people out there (yuo) tryin to get the REAL,BETTER message!! thanx for that!! :)

thanx for visiting my blog!!
love your post!!

ellie said...

Unfortunately, its beginning to be costly and rather plastic as much time as we spend on being "perfect", yet the evolution of our bodies keep changing over time, perhaps from stress, happiness and what not. We just don't really stay the exact same, either.

Just think of the time we could have spent helping others, educating our mind and the like.

Great post!

i'm more like me said...

hey, nice blog, btw i agree w/ u about the whole media picture perfect ppl image... 2 me its just a self confidence thing, if i think that people dont think i look good then i get shyer and dont talk, but if i think they think i look good then i end up talking alot more and being opener, no im not some1 who lifts crazy amounts of wieght, but i do lift, just bcuz it feels good, ive almost,let me emphisize almost, have a six pack, which is really cool, but i am almost always wearing a shirt, so no1 would ever c it unless i take my shirt off, right? so y would it really matter, its not like im gonna go around showing it 2 ppl

Maddiey said...

i know exactly what you mean by the guys working out all the time. My guys friens basically just talk about how they work out, and how much they can bench. No one really cares. I admire people who do it, because they like to work out and be healthy, not the people who do it for everyone else.

This is such a good post! Body image isn't important.

Samuel Lago Pedro said...

hi... so you this is a pretty good post again... congratulations! well, as in eating disorders, media is in the most important way of pressuring people to have the "perfect body"... they teach always wrong... the perfect body does not exist... i'm happy everybody is different. You know, it would be so boring to have everyone just similar... keep on. ;)

i'm more like me said...

names patrick, i was flipping through ur music and i like it, u like paramore and we the kings, so u might like mayday parade, look 4 the songs "jersey", "3 cheers 4 5 yrs" and "jamie all over"

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You really got the point across with this post!! I really appriciated it, because I was the same way!! Keep up the good work, I love the blog!!-Krosemarie

Jen said...

i think looking attractive, or how the media portrays attractive, is good to have, but i think personality is more important, i know thats a little cliche but its true!

beccabrownxo said...

its so true sometimes i feel flat ,and i know im not lol ,and same with guys,lol

Jude said...

hey I saw that you left a comment on my blog. glad you like it. yours is kool too. Is that a picture of you??? cause it's a good one ;)

i'm more like me said...

ya i love them, jersey is an emotional song, do u like emotional songs
i like alt punk rock pop and some other stuff
if u liked jersy make sure u check out
shimmy shimmy quarter turn
insurance?
here's to the night
stay pretty
mixed tape
everything is alright
i'm yours (which i think sounds like vampire weekend if u like them)
is ur last name really valentine

i'm more like me said...

so, i really like this girl, problem is her mom forbids her 2 date me, ive nvr done anything 2 make her think badly of me, what can i do, should i continue to wait so long through this and hope things get better?
wow u dont have 2 answer that i feel kinda weird asking this of some1 i dont know, its just ur blog has so much opinion and advice that i thought mayb u could help me

Anonymous said...

yeah i totally agree

Anonymous said...

Do you know what you are? I am starting to think you a transetter (NO, I am not trying to say Transgender) lol. Seriously though I think you are a transetter to the beautiful pictures on your blog to all the heated topics you talk about thats not only something that you went through or are going through but also about what others are going through! You are a really awsome person! I am so glad I got introduced to your blog! I also wanted to say thank you not only from me but from all the other girls also! Keep rockin'!! (haha sounds like I am signing a year book) but you seriously are an amwsome person with an inspiring blog!

Sianne I Am said...

Sorry I haven't read this yet but I swear I'm going to.

Ofcourse size does not matter, I mean I'm friends with Jordyn. ha, jk. (I only read the title)

Jordyn said...

nice post rose, im 5'2'' on the spot. at first i was like dang. im small. but i accepted myself, and this post really brought it up again, and made me feel happy about myself. thatnks. keep up the great posts!!

Sianne I Am said...

Actually, I think hair and boobs are pretty different because you can cut your hair and it will grow back but boobs?... I guess you could try? jkjk. :). I totally agree with you on the whole "size DOESN"T matter" thing. Although it is nice to have biceps and big breasts, I think it is unnecissary to push yourself to the limit.
Oncve again. great post! ♥