Monday, July 21, 2008

Communications-"He was like 'yeah', and I was like, "Whaat?"


I've always wondered why boys and girls, men and women are unable to communicate very well. It frustrates me and I wish we can naturally understand each other. We're obviously clueless with each other when it comes to forming relationships and dating, and other things such as friendship. Females and males just don't think the same. That's how God made us. Females and males are suppose to differentiate in thinking. Sometimes, it's hard for me to accept that. I mean, why else would people write books on the male and female mind? Everything is a mystery! A boy may say something so simple, and then the girl would overanaylzes it! Especially since teenagers aren't the smartest in the world, it's even more puzzling. Does he like me? What does she mean?

My guyfriend, James is one confusing guy. Honestly. I can't talk to him without being confused. He's sweet and very nice to talk to but, all this misunderstanding business drives me crazy. Sometimes, he just doesn't make sense. Anyway, I'm not very good with communicating with guys. Guys are just... guys. Normal creatures. And, I treat them as such. It's just that I can't speak their language and alot of them at school don't like me very much. I only have a few good ones; most of my friends are girls. :) I just can't relate to them. I'm all about the glitter, the hair bows, the dresses, the makeup. I'm extremely girly. That's probably the reason, but oh well. I'm embracing my femininity.

Last Wednesday, my sister and I met these REALLY REALLY cute guys at the park from our church and not only was I dressed weird(choo choo trains shirt to jog in. Baaad idea) but I was babbling like an idiot! Ugh. I think part of the reason why face to face communication is so bad because, everyone is texting or facebooking or something. We are all transfixed to technology. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but we spend to much time with it. Teenagers are guilty of this. I, for one hate texting but I do it anyway, because alot of my friends like to text. I like talking on the phone much better, especially when I have a lot to say. Why are we so hooked with Internet chatting and texting? Because, no one can see us. We can say whatever we want and if we end up embarrassing ourselves, no one can see us blush or we can just shut down the computer. We can identities, spread rumors and do just about anything on the internet. Sometimes, without getting caught.


Cheer quote:" S-c-a-r-e-d we've got them scared, woo! Shaking their knees!" *clapclap* (Hahah I learned that cheer when I was in second or first grade at a girl scouts camp)

19 comments:

Rose Valentine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Valentine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Valentine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I like this post a lot!!! I think you are right about communication, it really gave me something to think about.....-krosemarie

i'm more like me said...

great post, im guilty of texting, iming, and myspace/blogging, altho i do like 2 talk on the phone if i have alot 2 say and know what i wanna say, i think that its easy enough if i try 2 make friends w/ some1

Syed said...

Thank you, really interesting post! I think the whole technology thing allows people to be more confident in what they say, but the drawback is they may not have that confidence in real face to face situations where it counts for a lot more. It's true most guys tend not to *think* so much about what they say, and can sometimes come across quite flippant. But I think it's just a matter of finding friends who understand you and like you for who you are!!

Anonymous said...

i think you have a major point. IM and text so much.... in that enviroment we can be someone other than ourselves, because no one can see us. so then when we are face to face with the person, we dont know how to act, and that just leads to general communication confusion between genders. youve made an excellent point here. =) and i think that whatever happens in the world of guys and girls, that God will take care of it.
much love;♥

Hannah said...

The whole technology thing is pretty much forming a whole new way to talk to eachother--and I really don't think this new way is the best way. Sure, it's easier to talk to people through IMing, texting, or myspace/facebook, but as you said: it's because nobody can see you. I think when you speak to somebody face-to-face, it because a lot more personal. You can see each others reactions and really get into their heads. That alone, always helps me undetstand guys better.

But, I totally understand what you mean by how guys are confusing. I've had my fair share of "boy complications" (especially lately...lol) and they can definitely drive you insane :/

Bombchell said...

lol this sounds like something I'll post.

perhaps its the fact that were attracted to them that makes it complicated. its weird with all my guy friends, they are never really friends like my girls unless i'm related to them.

the guys in your school don't like u?? maybe they are shy or something.

Jordyn said...

guys are hard to understand, but i still love to talk with them. they arent like girls. they dont do drama, and they really only talk about...idk. the stuff they talk about is just easier than what i talk about with girls. its not as complex, and they dont always say like. well, anyways, thanks for the comment, and i read all of your posts...

ellie said...

We can be really hurtful to each other. A lot of times, its so easy to do. Unfortunately. A lot like acting..it really is easy to be the villian. And really take a real actor for those sweet & happy roles.

But to find that person you click with, that you can enjoy their company and feel comfortable with..well, that is a major step in finding more out about you and that person as well.

I think conversations are very smart. Not sure how smart texting is, sometimes, but in this day and age, it really keeps a lot of my friends smiling. On the other hand, when you are out with them and they do this, its just rude, because they aren't taking the time to do the 1 on 1 with you with conversations.

I must admit some of the best times I've spent with guys were great conversations we shared.

Smara said...

that picture at the top is really cute! is that you?

&thanks! :D

Christina Celeste. said...

EXACTLY!!
Yesterday, I hung out with that boy I wrote about.
And it was borderline DIFFICULT to talk to him in person, since we text and IM all the time. We rarely talk on the phone, too.

SOMEBODY understands!!

Stephanie said...

That last part was completely true. I think I did a rant on that about insults on the internet once...
That's not the point though, lol..
As for the rest of the post, completely true. I don't think people will ever understand another person of the opposite gender. Sometimes I wonder if people can understand people of the same gender either. Nice post. =D

Anonymous said...

i love the post i totally get what u are saying

laura xo said...

i cmopletly agree with you. i too was really bad with talking to a lot of the guys i just graduated with. whenever i'm around people i'm not comfortable with i am ususally silent and only speak when spoken to, or i'm a babbling idiot. people prefer instant messagers, or texting because it's easy. like when you say something and like half way through saying it you change your mind, but you have to finish anyway. well on IMs or texting you can change your mind and just delete what you type. i think that's what people like the most.

Human Racing said...

I totally get what you mean! I have like one or two guy friends that it's easy to talk to and the others I have no idea what they're trying to say.

♡♥-$u.™♥♡ said...

oh god i am so in to the mystery and the whole internet thing... god what to do!? i am so ashamed.

*blushes in sadness*

Sully
please go to my blog

Sianne I Am said...

I don't necissarily understnad guys either but I find joy in talking to them. They are just so layed back and care-free (that can go good or bad...) :). I do have most girl friends also but I think I would like more guy friends... for reasons even a girl might not understnad. :D