Wednesday, July 30, 2008

America

Call me unpatriotic, but I am not proud of this country. Everything is havoc here. Crime is the dark trend that would never end and the government is the reason why we have all this nonsense and mayhem. The education here is not very good compared to some of the other foreign countries, because people are not training the teachers very well and others have just stopped caring. We use to have one of the top education. People are embezzling, raping, and killing each other. Racism is still lingers around.(yet again, racism is everywhere) No, we are not created equal. America is becoming the land of the broken dreams. Our people are hurting and we are sending our men to battle in war. Why? Since when has war solved any problems? I loath war. War shall never be the alternative. We are killing innocent people and America is already in billions of dollars in debt. Literally. Oh America, we are drowning in a black hole.

I think the government is a bunch of bull crap. At some point this year, they were debating if they should make prostitution legal. When I first heard this, I was appalled and disgusted. What are we teaching our young women today? That it's okay to strip and have sex with men who are not our husbands? What kind of craziness is that? What happened to the Ten Commandments? We're suppose to base our laws on those rules. No one is listening. Everyone is suffering. The economy is staggering into disaster and we have to admit that America is running out of money. Teenage pregnancy is now being looked upon which basically promotes premarital sex. I mean really, have they no morals? Why do you want to ruin your future with a pregnancy? Don't get me wrong, pregnancy is a beautiful, beautiful, gift but when you're unwed, it's much more difficult and then you're blinded with negativity.

However, we have alot of great things about America. We have freedom, but it's the "dose" of freedom we have that makes people lose control. From our freedom to our culture, the foreign countries look up to us as models. They admire our music and fashion and look at America like a dream. I remember I went to Ghana(West Africa) about two years ago and the question that was asked the most was, "What's America like?" " I can't wait to come to America!" One thing my mom noticed when she came to this country was that, Americans know how to dance. She said she was thoroughly impressed! It's true, when it comes to our music and dance, we excel. Overall, America has talent. Some of the world's greatest singers and dancers are from here. It's incredible! We have religious freedom, which is truly blessing. This country I have to say, is very family oriented. We love 'love', and we love our families. There is still hope for this country. We need to come as one and work.

Cheer quote of the day: "You have to want to cheer. Defy those sterotypes."

18 comments:

Smara said...

Yeah, I'm a definite pacifist just like you are. I don't see where war and violence helps anything, ever, even the least bit.

By the way, I FINALLY told Cameron I liked him .. I posted about it this morning =]

i'm more like me said...

first of all, the problems of this country are in every other country (except education), secondly,i hate raceism and i know ppl who are racists, i would also like 2 say racism works both ways. thirdly you can only base ur own rules around the 10 commandments bcuz america was set up 2 be the land of the free and offer freedom from religious prosiqution to all, which also means u can choose 2 have no religion or santanic religions. asfor talent,i suck at dancing and singing, but im pretty good at snowboarding, swimming, and other sports, im srry but i disagree w/ ur post for once
and i am proud of America

Red said...

I'm with you sister. Our society is going down the pooper. I feel that people are losing all sense of what is right and wrong.

Do I always like following the rules? I think not, but they are put in place for a reason. They bring some sort of order to chaos.

What chaps my backside is that there are those who seem to be able to slip by in this world and not be held accountable for their actions. If there is a hereafter, I hope there is justice for those who did not get it here on Earth. That may sound vengeful, but I only want what is coming to them...nothing more...nothing less.

And yes, this country is deemed as the land of milk and honey...Oh so not. You have to work very, very hard for what you get here (Unless you are sucking the government dry with all thier free hand out programs. I will blog about how I feel about that soon enough) and sometimes you still do not get to where you want to be.

Is our system flawed? Yes indeedy. But I have heard from many a folks who have visited and lived in other countries, and they say without hesitation that this country, even with all its turmoil, is still the best place to live.

*Sorry my comment got so long*

Smara said...

He is like 2 or 3 years older though, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me. At least not right now. Because I know his dad is 6 years older than his mom. Haha so I don't think age would really be a problem, but still ..

His sister says he's just waiting for the right time to tell me he likes me .. Haha I'm like "Yeah right, I don't think so" haha .. the fact that he said something like, "I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off" makes me think though, that could be interrpreted as "I don't like you" or "I like you" haha oh g's I think I've still got a big mess on my hands over here ..


by the way, i love your song!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you one hundred percent on this country!!! -Krosemarie

yiqin; said...

I agree, violence shouldnt be used to resolve ANYTHING! Anyway, the blue polka dot dress is amazing! especially wit the belt

Unknown said...

yeah, i pretty much agree with you.

Olivia Fuller said...

I agree, death is a pretty terrible thing, but I suppose it unavoidable, and something we all must face. I'm sorry to hear about your math teacher :(, that must have been awful..

On the topic of government, you couldn't be more right. I'm not proud of this place either, I mean as you said it holds promise, but there's just so much corruption binding everything together, it's terrible. Money and power are the center of everything. That's why I can't wait until I'm able to travel and check out the way other people live :), it'll be refreshing. But I still think that with enough effort, maybe our generation can be the one to turn it all around :).

turnabout said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same page as you are.

Sianne I Am said...

too true. i mean, i hate to say it, but america isnt as great as its cut out to be, unfortunately. sorry i didnt write that much, im feeling kinda lazy today.

oh, and this is jordyn on siannes blog :D, but you can just reply to it on mine.

MoulinRougefan08 said...

AMEN Sister! I agree with you on most things except on teenage pregnancy. I don't think people are worshiping it. Its more of the sex that people are worshiping. Though movies like Juno (great movie but an example none the less.) are making pregnancy at a young age seem like something 2 take lightly which it's not, few teens want 2 pregnant. THey do things that are stupid and don't think about the consequences.
I'm catholic 2. But i try not 2 force it on others. I'm actually fascinated by other religions and i want to learn more about them. I don't think that we as human beings really can say what belief is right or wrong. If there was a religion that said that it was okay to kill people by the thousands and treat people like dirt then we could say that that is wrong because it is immorally wrong not factually. THere is no known religion that is like this. BUt people mistake some religions for this which is the main cause for racism and geneside . THough our country is not doing a fantastic job. We shouldn't go feeling sorry for ourselves because it could be a lot worse let me tell you. WE could be war torn or some one could cause a geneside. WE have aalot of good people in this country. Srry i talk 2 much. Anyway i still agree with u. Thats just my opinion.

just,sarah. said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM! but you have to understand other countries have worse.
yah know? this country is great in a lot of ways and maybe even terrible in more. but thats life. thats America. i am proud of this country but SOMETIMES i do of course doubt it as do you. i understand where your coming from. and i am with ya! great blog! its nice that someone puts there "political(i guess)" views on the table here and not JUST there boy problems you have an interesting mind. i think you could change the world one day(: haha anyways great blog. btw i like ur sonng

meowi said...

I understand your point{ but instead of blaming the entire country we should look at the people{ nothing will change if the people dont want to!and one thing we are lucky for in America that alot of countries wish they had is freedom of being whoever we want to be{ we can point the blame on whoever we may, but change starts with yourself!

Anonymous said...

yea i am a hippie to(no offense) war is the baddest thing that can ever come alive. god created us to help each other and not hate. im the kind of hippie that doesn't want all that to come. Listen to this two of my cousins are pregnant. their parents are okay with it. and one of my uncles let the guy stay in the house. tatiana is only 16 and my other cousin jackie is 15. i agree with you every sentence put together! 100% percent.
sully

Nicole Linette said...

I found your blog off of Aren's, and I have to say, it's FANTASTIC! :D

And I couldn't concur more about this post. There's so many things great about America, yet, we're falling and not meeting the standards we once upheld as a country.

I adore your cheer quotes.

And you're really pretty.


Peace♥&Nutella,
nicole.

Karine said...

Look..People in the world don't hate AMERICA,but BUSH.

And..Even though you have those problems,you're first world!I live in Brazil,oK?It's not like Africa,but we're the third world.I know those terms were from Cold War,but everybody still uses it,anyway...

:)

Thanks for your comments!
I wrote a new part od the story!

Kissesssssss

:**

Anonymous said...

i agree and disagree with some things..
like war. theres good and bad. like sometimes we need war. we had to bring troops into this, cause we can't just keep getting terrorized by the middle east.

but its time that they get those guys outta there.

and also im verrryyy into politics. i dont agree with half the shit that happens, but politics interest me and its something i'd like to get into when im older. but i agree with you on the prostitution thing. if they make that legal. were gonna have prostitutes runnin around all over the place, and thats just disgusting. and same with teen pregnancy. i got to a school where there is like 60 kids in each grade and for some reason every year you have atleast 2 kids pregnant in the whole highschool. thats alot for how small our school is. and i think its disgusting. i hate it most when some girls just go sleeping around with guys their not even dating. thats most disgusting and people wonder why theres so many god damn stds.

sorry the comment got pretty long.
but you talked about a pretty interesting topic : )

Miss. Maddie said...

Wow glad some one finally wrote about it so I wouldn't have to!! lol jk :)

But I totaly agree!!

**Miss. Maddie**