Thursday, July 24, 2008

Perfectionism

What does the word 'perfect' say to you? After all, words have 'voices' too don't they? The meaning of perfect- no marks. no flaws. no mistakes. How is that possible in this world? So many of us strive for perfection in everything, especially when it comes to the physical appearance and really our life in general. Some of us don't like mistakes, especially if they're obvious. Some of us want to be the best of the best. Perfectionism is not a good thing. One mistake can destroy your ego just a bit and your 'perfection drive' is much more wild than ever before. You fear failure. Perfectionism can damage you. It can effect the way you approach things and interact with others. It's a really what I call , an 'ego decreaser'. Sure we all want success, but mistakes are not bad to face.

Mistakes help us to learn and grow and give us silent messages on how we should act next time. I think, perfectionism is not only dealt with one person. It can be someone else forcing you to be perfect.You may call that pressure, but to me ,that's really perfectionism.Perfection cannot be achieved. It's unhealthy and unrealistic. People who are perfectionists actually have no self respect for themselves. Why? One mistake can cause them an emotional turmoil. They can't accept things to go out of place. But why not? That's life. Things go out of order and out of place. That's just the way it is. I have to admit, I aim high at times- with my writing. When it comes to my writing, I can be a little touchy.

I want every thing I post on here to be nice to read, but then I realized that there are some days where I don't feel like blogging and my post may sometimes reflect that. I really like my readers. :) And I certainly don't want to bore them. I don't think that's perfectionism. That's called being a high achiever. Being a high achiever is good for you. It's healthy and it can really gain the success you really crave. Alot of women and girls are perfectionists. We always want to please people by looking pretty or prove that we have brains.
No one can is perfect but God.
cheer tip of the day: "Do twenty-five leg lifts on each leg every single day and you're toe touches will be amazing."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i love your view on perfectionism its so true in everyway it can damage you and dont worry you arent boring us yet:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment :-D...once again this entry is trul sincere and ture and well haha perfect. I think that whole perfectionism thing really does put lots of pressure on people in general though. It was still an awesome entry-as well as your others. Thanks again for the comment :-D!!

Hope to talk soon♥

haha and for 13 I truly don't think I am smart at all-haha. You though, Your entries reflect your brains girl! I just can't believe you when you tell me you were a dumb 13 year old because you seem pretty dang smart girly! hahaha!!


~Kristin

Triss Teh said...

23, 24, 25...Whew, wait. Did I lift high enough? Does it really matter? Only when there are butterflies around. Their effect is unfathomable...what if...what if...*crunch* The world may never know.

pookieface :] said...

wow, you have a way with words. im a bit of a perfectionist, but i dont think im too bad...

::beccaELECTROCUTE said...

i like this picture alot!
it's cute!'

and it appears that you have good music taste!
since i love daphne <3s derby.
you should listen to their song hopeless love.
my abolute faveee.

<3 becca.

Hannah said...

You're very, very right. So many people--including me--strive for perfection. It can ruin somebody, and I know that for a fact. Once damaged by something as petty and unrealistic as perfection, it is very hard to gain yourself back.

Terrific post :]

Neon Duck said...

You're right, no one can be perfect, thoose who try ar kidding themselfs and well just end up depressed and disapionted, high achieving easily will turn in to perfectionism, life is an intere row of fine lines, I'm afraid.

Chelsea said...

What our religion teaches is that we should strive to be perfect, or in other words, strive to be like Christ. It's not possible to be completely perfect, because that means we could not make mistakes in this life and learn... but it is what we should strive to be like. :)

Samuel Lago Pedro said...

well, really good entry... to be perfect seems impossible... lol

everybody is different so the word "perfect" may not exist... we just think someone's perfect when we love that person. so, perfect is in our eyes. what's perfect to you may surely be not so perfect to me. so, perfect is in our eyes...

;)

Anonymous said...

what you should've added was.."perfection doesn't exsist in the world." the only perfect thing in the world is God<--my mom told me that.
either way love this post!

Sianne I Am said...

I think perfectionism is based on opinions. What some may think is perfect, some may think is totally flawed. Striving for perffectionism is not healthy, I agree. Because no one will ever have it. It is totally an over rated word. The only reason the word perfect is existant is to set a standard... well I think so anyway.

I strive for excellence and high acheivements too, all the while knowing, its not perfect.

Love this post! I totally agree. :)

Jordyn said...

i think im a perfectonist. partially. in softball. wow. especially in softball. in everything i do, really. i mean. when i ride dirtbikes, when i go shooting. why though? because, i feel i need to match up to everyone elses excellence, or even top it to make my dad happy. i know hes happy because im out there doing it, i just want him...proud. especially in softball, though. ive always felt my dad doesnt care about my softball dreams. so i strive for perfection when he comes to watch me. thats unhealthy. thanks for the post, once again, a real eye-opener.

Jordyn said...

oh, and none of your posts have been boring--i dont think they ever will :)