Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Remedy to nightmares


On Saturday night, I had this crazy-wild dream. I was in a house with my school librarian and she was holding a gun. I was screeching a message, " YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR HUSBAND, YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR HUSBAND," then, the librarian pointed the gun to my face and I woke up. It wasn't all that scary, but it was odd. Freaky, and I was afraid to get out of bed. But, I had to get out of bed to use the bathroom. I know, I know, I am such a baby. :/ Anyway, I eventually got up. My house is big and it gets pitch black at night. You cannot see a thing. I kept looking both ways to make sure I was... safe. Afterwards, I entered my room and got down on my knees and prayed the Hail Mary.(I'm Roman Catholic by the way)
Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with you,
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of they womb
Jesus, Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at
The hour of our death
Amen.
Praying the Hail Mary is my remedy to cast away nightmares. It works all the time. I also read the Bible (Exodus Ch.1) to make me feel better. I hardly ever read the Bible, and that is not a good thing. Us Catholics aren't very good on reading the Bible. See. There is a cure to nightmares: prayer. Prayer is more powerful than you think.

Well, after all that I went back to sleep and yet, I had another dream. It wasn't scary at all, just a bit sad. I had a dream about my dead math teacher. :(

* You can read the previous post if you want to know what's going on with me.
Cheer quote of the day:"To cheer or not to cheer? What a stupid question!!" Author cheerchick101, Canada

12 comments:

Skippy said...

When I was younger I had a lot of bad dreams, so one day I went out and got a dream catcher(four actually, so it really worked). And then wham-o no bad dreams.

Sara Bear :) said...

thanx for the comment!
about what skippy said: i used to have a dream catcher hanging right above my bed. and it actually worked the opposite way it was supposed to. when i took it down. i went back to regular dreaming. weird, i know.

Aurley said...

Glad that makes you feel better!! Im not sure what I do... But I know what you mean. I ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom after I have a bad dream. Normally I just say... This is stupid. I have to pee. Then I run like crazy to the potty. :)
~Aurley

Anonymous said...

i pray too!

Stephanie said...

That is an odd dream. O_O
I actually say the 'Guardian Angel Prayer'.. You know, Angel of God, my guardian dear.. To whom God' love commits me here..
I'm a Catholic too! =D

Morgan said...

Love your blog it is soo up lifting! And you didn't put the cheer quote up for today =(! comment or email me! =)

gossipgirlxoxo said...

Hi, thanks for the comment!and ditto to you to!!
Thats one freaky dream especially if your librarian is half as scary as mine!!
xo xo

Katrina :) said...

Ahhhh that is scary! I haven't had a bad dream in a long time...but I don't like them...I just toss and turn and don't think about it. I'm so bad...I don't pray much...just before bed...if i'm not too tired. I felt sick this morning and so I didn't go to church (maybe i'm avoiding my ex...) but I normally alter serve or lecter. I have to alter serve NEXT sunday, but I need to call someone to serve for me because i have to go to my grampas house for a picnic. And then i lecter the following sunday and that day i get my new schedules. But I don't read the bible a whole lot.

I do have one proverb memorized; "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Trina

Kat said...

That is pretty freaky :/
I would have done the same thing
I am not a Catholic, but I went to a catholic school, so I know a lot about the prayers and stuff and they do work!
Btw, I tagged you on my blog, you don't have to do it, but just check it out :)

Kat

Anonymous said...

omigosh!!! thats a weird dream!! Its cool that your catholic, im catholic too!!! your blog is sooo cool!!!

Sianne I Am said...

I'll have to try that, I'm not baptised but I do have a christian bible that my dad gave me. I've never read it but we'll see.

meg. said...

I can already tell i am going to be a daily commenter ha =) i seriously love you blog.
Anywho,
even though we aren't the same religion, i totally know what you mean, prayer is so powerful. It can do amazing things.