Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Prince


I haven't told you about the prince, or in the real world, the boy in my life.
Yes, indeed he is quite the harmony to my voice. His name is Rasul and simply put, he makes me feel very, very, happy. Our sudden romance began on prom night, the night our single hearts found some sort of sudden connection. I knew then, that his silly boy that smiled and laughed with his eyes would be mine. I can remember how my heart skipped several beats, rhythms, and counts as he drew me closer under the dim lights. Breathless and anxious, my mind went wild- wondering, dreaming, and pondering on what he saw when he looked at me. There's a glow between us, my darlings and the whole world can see it. My mind is very protective of my heart and was afraid to let its guard down for the longest time. Until Rasul amazed me with his sweet gentleness and chivarly, I couldn't possibly turn my lips away from his. (Ah yes, our first kiss is one of my fondest memories.)
Of course, I was friends with this young chap before all this happened. Rasul is the photographer that made my modeling ambitions come alive. He is very supportive and encouraging. I remember that afternoon afterschool ,and how terribly nervous I was to call him to ask him to be my prom date. It's funny how Rasul, one of the coolest photographers and models, around turned out to be my prom knight. After the dance was over, we cuddled in the limo drive to breakfast while , our friends threw blushing and happy glances towards us.
"Your friends are staring" he whispered, with a smile.
"I know." My heart went crazy.
The following weekend, my prince cordially invited me to his eighteenth birthday dinner at a fine Ethipioan resturant. I was delighted. A couple weekends later, we are offically Rose and Rasul.
Grand.
Gawd, what a hunk.
And oh my, that first kiss did not come till nineteen days after. I love our caterpillar pace, it's exactly what I want. The kiss was on a bench, one early summer night. It was so lovely. Our faces turned simutaneously, slow and then the kissing became gentle, yet semi passionate. Our arms were wrapped around each other in loose embrace. We were hungry for love.We spoke a lot that night. Secrets and dreams.
My prince treats me like a princess and he is the sweetest candy on my tongue. We have come across some problems lately, but I have addressed them and Rasul is changing. He's trying so hard to get better and I appreciate it. The silly boy never says "no" to me for anything. Aren't I spoiled? He even sings to me, darlings. He has an angel's voice. We cannot even go one night without texting or calling each,"goodnight."
Gosh darn it, all in one month.
What can I say? He's a total prince.
My fragile little heart prays for strength.





2 comments:

Kate Kwok said...

Oh my god, that is just so sweet! I wish you guys the best.

Krosemarie said...

Aww<3 this is adorable!! I wish you guys the best of luck =] Congrats
I forgot how much I absolutly loved your blog! Feel free to check mine out if you're interested =]
God bless you!
Krosemarie