Friday, June 11, 2010

Fake


I personally do not have a problem with using fake hair, weave, extensions, whatever you want to call it. I see like this: "If you don't like what you see and you want to fix it, then fix it." Rasul doesn't mind me using extensions, but he does voice his opinion and says that, "Natural hair is always the best." For me, as an African American girl, it's hard sometimes to appreciate our natural hair. Society tells us that that the african kinky/curly/nappy hair isn't beautiful enough, so you see all of these girls rushing to get their hair braided, weave, etc. In a way it's sad, and I am amongst those girls. However, I honestly don't see the problem with using it. My hair is natural/kinky and very curly. I don't put any chemicals in it and it grows very quickly. My hair is nice, I have to say, but I still use braids with extensions because I can't seem to appreciate my hair's natural state. I love long, flowing, hair.
For my hair to even reach my breasts, it may take literally three years? Who knows. Maybe I'm exagerrating. I have this weird obession with hair. If my hair isn't braided and or long, I feel weird. And I despise hair cuts. If I go to the salon and the hair dresser even attempts to cut or even trim my hair, I freak and I'm literally close to tears.
So silly.
I just can't stand short hair, and African American hair takes awhile to grow long because it breaks easily. It's terrible, and I absolutely loath it. Again, I should be grateful to have hair though. There are many people out there with cancer who do not have any hair at all. I bet I sound like a brat now, and I suppose I need to stop being so superfical with my hair. It's a learning development for me. I've always been fussy with hair. I let Rasul see me in my natural hair. My hair is thick, curly, and soft, so I tied it up in a bun and he liked it. I was feeling extrememly self conscious, but Rasul exclaimed,"You look pretty, Rose! It's natural, that's always the best!"
Hair is hair. Just hair, I know.
I would much rather have the other hair types though. Such as Asian, or Caucasion. It's so gorgeous!! Long, flowing, silky.
Ugh.
I am ridiculous.
I should be grateful for what I have. God made me this way so I must accept it.



5 comments:

Sarah said...

everyone has flaws and imperfections :) it makess us human and lovely :) xxx

m. said...

AMEN.
i hate people using fake hair.

i do love long hair but.
mine's growing slowly :)

Kate Kwok said...

I can't imagine I have short hair too. I used to complain a lot about my hair but after I read your post, I think I should really appreciate it.

Barbara von Enger said...

I adore my kinky curly mixe race hair, and everyone loves it here in France/Germany. Embrace the entire you;-)
Happy weekend!

Maureen said...

Hey girl, i'm glad you don't put anymore chemicals in your hair coz even if i've never see it, i'm positive your natural african american hair must be gorgeous. But you were wrong, African american hair can and DOES grow, just check these sites: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6
and bglhonline.com/
If you're not ready to put out your extensions, there's no urge but you may do it eventually.