Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Meeting Brody Mingram

I think.... I think just maybe, Captain Love may take me away on his little sailboat.
It's just a thought.
A thought that hopefully, Mr. Cutie ponders as well.
" He thinks you're really pretty, Rose." My friend Stephanie Garcia told me on the first day of summer. That's when I met Brody Mingram on facebook. The first day of this beautiful summer. Stephanie had shown me a picture of Mingram on her iphone before I accepted his friend request. He's a "Mr. Cutie" for sure. I grinned when I saw his picture. He had a nice smile. And when Stephanie told me that he wanted to talk to me, I promise you- my heart danced. My day was going well, but then it got even better. I could not wait to get home from a glorious afternoon spent with my girls(driving around while blasting music, drinking milkshakes, playing on the playground, and eating at Frontera) to accept Mingram's friend request. Mr. Cutie sent me a message about two days after and we started talking from there. Then he asked for my number about three or four days after. At the moment, we are texting each other like mad. Every single day.It's insane. I have never texted someone so much. And I usually hate it. We would literally text each other all day.
I want to hear his voice.
&& I can't say he's Troy yet. We will see. He has some of the qualities, but I need to search deeper. The search is going to take awhile. I don't want to rush.Mingram is a really cool kid
though. And he's extremely friendly.
And he asked me out on, what I call a 'meet and greet' date. I think? Ha, here are the texts.

Me- "Yeah, I haven't been to the movies in a while."
Mingram-"Then go see one aye."
Me-"Haha yeah I will when I get back."
Mingram-"Maybe I can go with you ha."
At this point I was like, 'Omigosh.
Me-"Hahah yeah that would be fun. :)
Mingram-"Alright that sounds good." =)

It's been a very long time since I've been on a date. My last one was way back in October and that was my first date. Obviously, I am no boy magnet. The date is next week and it's a huge deal for me, considering the fact that I'm meeting Mr. Cutie for the very first time. My sister, Caroline thinks that I should invite our friend Stephanie Garcia just in case you know? "Rose, how can you two go on a date if you don't even know what y'all sound like?" I'm not sure. I kind of want to be on my own on this one. I honestly don't think Mingram would hurt me. Stephanie told me that he's excited. :) I am as well. I've even made a 'Meet and Greet' Date checklist for myself yesterday. I'll post later. It's rather long, lol. :)

1 comment:

Helennn Louise said...

Ooh, I wish you luck on this date. He sounds sweet :) x