Thursday, June 4, 2009

I wonder what love feels like

Is love like make-up, does it cover up all the flaws, making everything look perfect?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. "- 1Corinthians 13 4:8

I wonder what true love feels like.
I hope it literally keeps me breathless, wanting for more. Shaking, trembling, desiring nothing else but that strong sense of warmth. I want my love to be a mess- so perfect and unperfect at the same time.
I want my true love to be real, to keep me in check and help me believe in the unreachable.
I want a passionate kiss, arms wrapped around me, whispering innocent lyrics in my ear. I want love to send me closer to Christ, holding my hand in the dark and in the light.
I want love so sweet and powerful, that makes fireworks explode inside of me.
I want true love like a song, a sweet sounding melody.

Is love like make-up,does it cover up the flaws, making everything look perfect?
Reckless.
I want the love to be reckless.
A chase.
A steady roller coaster, a wrecked sailboat.

I want to look at that ripped photograph of my true love and say, "Man. What a hot mess."
Captain Love, I think you've got me. I think I'm tossing my independent shoes in the ocean, were my broken heart is in its rightful place.
But Captain, before you say, "All aboard!" I've got to look at true love in the eye.
Human hearts break way too easily.
I rather be on my own.
And if I'm saying this to you, I'm lying.



No comments: