Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Musical Hero


I was so in love.
When I was a little girl, my sister and I would glue our eyes to the television whenever his face appeared. My parents bought every single album and we've seen every single music video. My sister and I even performed some of his songs on our home videos. When I was five, I wanted to marry him. To me, he seemed so perfect and so beautiful. His red jacket from his video, 'Beat It',(I want a red jacket just like his.) his stunning white glove, and the moonwalk... wow. That man can move. Michael was the hottest bad boy in his other hit video, "Bad." It troubled me that Michael had a skin disorder and had gotten plastic surgery several times. && it turned out that he was never satisfied with himself with anything-from performing to his self-image. My family and I are intrigued and hooked on his God-given, "nobody can do it like me", musical talent. I am hurt and shocked by this sudden loss. It's a nightmare! My little cousin in London was shaken with tears and emotion because he wanted to meet Michael so very badly. I went to bed totally distraught and woke up completely saddened.

I watched all of his music videos with my sisters, reminiscing.My heart has some sort of pain banging inside of it. Michael Jackson was truly the greatest artist of all time. All the guys wanted to be him- to dance and sing like him, and the girls would past out at his concerts, and most of the time it wasn't from the heat! Seriously.He did a lot of charity as well(donating millions of dollars) and has effected the whole world. Literally.Michael Jackson is number three on the 'Top Superstars' list. (First is The Beatles, and the Second Elvis Presley) He broke many, many, racial barriers especially in music. (MTV refused to play his music a long time ago.)Michael Jackson is a global superstar. The King of Pop.He is my musical hero, a huge part of my childhood. When I listen to his music, I remember the good old days, those sunny day '90s. There is truly && honestly no one like him.I will never forget him, never ever. He's in a better place now. May he rest in peace, the peace that he never did receive here on earth.I pray for his family, fans, and friends. Michael Jackson will suffer no more.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

It was so sudden and unexpected, wasn't it? I think this'll be one of those days where people will ask "where were you when you heard?" I was half-listening to something about him going to the hospital on the radio on the way to the library, and when I got back into the car afterwards every single station had a Michael Jackson song on it, so I was wondering what was going on...

Anonymous said...

hey please check this out:)

skinsfanfic.blogspot.com

Red said...

Shhhhh. You all have to remember, that I 'was' a teenager when Michael was in the Jackson 5. And let me tell you. Oh My Stars. He was thee end all and be all in the world of music.

He was fresh polite, likeable and he could actully sing.

Then as he got older, he got weirded out and lost touch with the real world. He was lost and never found his way back home.

L.M. said...

But...the thing is, he's most likely not in heaven :(

Rose Valentine said...

L.M-
Who are we to judgde? That is up to God. He forgives. But the thing is, Michael didn't do anything terrible to those children. He was charged not guility.Yes, he was too close to them, but he never ever touched them inapproriately. I mean seriously, he has donated the most to charity and went out of his way to help children. He took care of three of his kids and loved children. He was a humantarian.

L.M. said...

That's why I said "most likely". Also, one does not become a Christian by merely doing good things. The book of Ephesians, 2:8-9, says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Good works are only the fruits that a Christian should bear; they are not the means by which we are saved.

~L.M.

Rose Valentine said...

I see what you mean. I'm sorry if I came across as defensive.
But I believe that Michael is in heaven. Why? Because he loved God. And he loved God's people.

L.M. said...

No problem :)

Rose Valentine said...

:) thanks for visiting my blow btw.