Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You need to talk to me

Brody and I talked last night.
I couldn't stop laughing.
Not because that boy has a killer sense of humor, but I was just so nervous.
Yeah, I know. Way to calm down, Rose.
Dialing Brody's number was actually pretty difficult. Come to think of it, I don't talk to many guys. I have a nice crowd of good guyfriends, but I'm just not that close. I'm very close to Liam Wang and I use to be "brother and sister" with James Kaferney(remember him, girls? I mentioned him a lot on here) but James and I don't talk anymore. I sort of kept my distance.
Long story.
Anyway, I can't talk to guys who I am romantically interested in. I prayed for courage before I dialed Brody's number. I'm telling you now girls, that I can't date. I am such an awkward dater. And I am beginning to believe that because of my quote on quote,"girliness."And I giggle.
A whole lot.
"Rose, you do have a nervous laugh and really, you laugh at nothing... all the time. my sister commented.
I pouted.
"Like, seriously you were laughing the whole time at the resturant when that hot waiter boy cracked a joke. You always giggle when you're talking to like, any guy."
I did too much of it last night.
"You are such a giggler, Rose." Brody stated. I immediately got a hold of myself. "I'm sorry, um am I annoying you?"
"No, it's fine I mean, I just want to know what's funny, haha!"
I seriously could not help it. When there was silence of the phone, I giggled some more to make up for what I should of been discussing with him- the text. The "what are we?" text. That's very important. I tried to bring it up. "Um... um..."
Ugh.
After last nights conversation, I'm actually having second thoughts on Brody. Why? I have my reasons. Last Saturday night, we didn't even mention our "possibility" date on Sunday. Monday I asked him if he wanted to hang sometime this week. No mention of that either. And one major thing- he texts. Unnecessarily. I didn't mention that before and after the movie, Brody was texting. And when we were on the phone for the very first time, he was texting then as well! I'm sure he was just as nervous as I was but, that's not an excuse to be disrespectful. I see it like this:"Do you want to be on this date with me or not?" "Do you want to talk to me or not?" So, of course I confronted Brody about it last night. "Who are you texting? I scoffed."I mean, I'm not trying to sound bossy or anything, but you're on the phone with somebody." And then, Brody came up with a silly excuse of how the beeping noise gets really annoying and it lasts forever (yeah sure.) if he doesn't answer the text soon.
Fine. Whatever.
?
Oh, and did I mention that for a second, I thought he hung up on me? Just a few seconds before that happened, Brody threatened to hang up on me because I said, "So, aren't you happy that the Lakers won the NBA championships?" He was just joking, and so was I, and then before I knew it, I heard silence on the other end. Outraged, I sent Brody a, "Did you hang up on me?" text and called Jessica. She got furious. "You're trying to make conversation and then HE HANGS UP? Get that boy on the phone, Rose." " No, Jessica. I refused, firmly. "That's really not necessary, I mean-" Then Brody called me back a few miuntes later and told me that the battery in his phone was dying. "I didn't hang up on you." I switched lines and told Jessica the news. "Bull crap."She spat."But, I'll leave you to talk to him." What was wrong with Brody last night? I mean, he's a nice guy and everything but, he doesn't know how to make phone conversation... at all. I couldn't help but get very frustrated. In my head I'm shouting, "HEY. Boy, I thought you LIKE me, so wouldn't you want to ,I don't know... TALK to me?"

Tonight will be better, and I'm going to tell Brody firmly that texting while you're on the phone with not only me, but with other people is very disrespectful. And gosh, I'm sitting here trying to get to know this boy who is interested in me, and he's barely making any effort to make an active conversation. I mean I know Brody is into me, because he was being flirty last night. He was trying to be funny by twisitng everything that I said,making jokes, etc, Still, Jessica got very cross. "He was texting while yall where on the phone? She hissed. "There is something wrong with him And this is the very reason why I don't date guys our age. He's just an immature sixteen year old boy. See, people who text like him don't have any people skills." I have to say that my old boyfriend, Chris Angel was much better with communication than Brody, and they're the same age. I know it's not fair to compare Brody with Chris, but it's very true. Chris talked a lot and we would talk for hours. No awkward silences... ever. But Brody is sweet and I really do like him. I'm not going to forget the feelings I had when he held my hand and wrapped his arms around me.

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

You're rigth texting while talking is disrespectfull! and I'm so sad to hear that Body doesn't have good people skills or can't talk on the phone:(:(.
Hope it all work out!
XOXO
Tatis