Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Toxins

Crazy, cruel life. Blinded by tears mylife instantaneously   warped into a nightmare that wrecked the inner linings of my delicate soul. Nearly, suicide was dragging one of my closet family member into its web. I couldn't believe it when my best friend told me that grasping onto a bottle of pills would aile her stress and mend her deep wounds. No! I cry, weeping and hanging onto my best friends for dear life. I was on spring break then. I have never been so thankful for my loved ones who took care of me and my family member during this incredibly dark time of our lives. I've never felt so heartbroken, but I cannot imagine what my best friend is battling. 
This year has been a struggle for my family financially. My dad moved out of the  country a few years ago to launch his dream career. Initially, it was extremely difficult accepting the changes my family and I to endure for the longest time. There were moments when I could not even afford to go out with my friends because the money that I was making did not suffice for the week. My mother lost her job last summer so we are all dependent on my father. There is beauty in a struggle. Now, my dad's dream has begun. 
I've lost friends who were enemies in disguise. Opportunities arrived, grew, and shattered. I was convinced that I was developing an emotional disorder from the stress I was experiencing from school and home. I couldn't bare it. I felt emotions that rattled my bones. I try to forget about them like yesterday's news, but as a writer, when is that ever possible? 
I am not writing this post to complain about my year. Infact, I have many sweet treasures that I will never forget that happenedto me this year . I have a dear friend who generously made my dream come true by raising funds for me- all of them to compete in a big state pageant that I have always dreamt of. My favorite professor  in the world encouraged me to become a published author, a wild desire that I can never tame.  And, whenever someone asks me what my post grad plans are I get to whisper with a smile... "New city, new me. Possibly. Wait and see."

No comments: