Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Christmas Wish

Dear Santa Claus,
As the year envelopes and the weather becomes crispy, I am sitting here and reflecting on my challenges, triumphs, tears, and smiles. I have grown yes, and there's nothing that I want more than to continue this growth. Christmastime is so beautiful, as you are very well aware. I adore the carols and the hearts that are so open to sharing their time and riches to guide those who do not have much. I have a lot to be grateful for as I lay down to rest in my warmest blanket every night. This precious season has such a unique and compelling way to open hearts. I believe we are all called to serve and take care of each other. We are all here-living, breathing, for a higher purpose. The flickering of bright Christmas lights and the beauty of heavily decorated trees are stunning to me. Sipping warm cocoa and dancing to old fashioned carols are the little memories that I will always relive. Jesus' birthday is full of joy to me, but I am aware that others do not share the same sentiment. I understand that this time of year can be rather difficult. With flashy dollar signs and the consistent reminder to spend, one can get lost in a maze as to what the true meaning of Christmas.
Santa, I want to thank you for prompting children to be nice instead of naughty. Kindness is a gem that everyone must have in their possessions. It is too bad that some adults cannot seem to follow this rule. My wish to you is to remind children and adults around the world that we are called to be angels to each other. I know it can be rather difficult and I would be painfully naive to think everyone would care about the rule. I am aware that perhaps, maybe this isn't possible. But, I'm wrapping this desire as my Christmas wish... regardless of what could really happen. God forms miracles. Jesus is our miracle. I have learned and from what God has said, not everyone will follow His will.
 Who is to say that  God told us to lose hope and stop praying?  Pray with me, Santa.
Love, Rose

No comments: