Friday, December 5, 2014

Love Letters

Romance.
To me, is more than kisses over coffee and sharing  laughter and tears over boxes of pizza.
Year one. Clad in a frilly pink cardigan, I met you.
You flashed me a nervous grin and you looked like a prince in your royal blue hoodie. Instantly,my heart grew aflame with infatuation for you. My meal that night tasted like love. When you are feeling elevated with such happiness, your body transform into something not even your mind could ever comprehend.  That was me and I didn't have the slightest idea on what to do.I was breathless when you looked at me, our facial exchanges were worth more than a diamond ring. My heart fluttered ridiculously when I spotted your name dance across my cellphone screen.
Year three.
How beautiful our emotions are. We have wept and stormed because of each other. Passion is the leash of love. You redefined the title 'bestfriend'. Your name is written in gold and traced with love in my dictionary.
Te amo.  My love letter.
The beauty of the future is that its  a mystery  full of spirals and victories that are decorated with the soul of stories. We can either hide them or remain speechless. The mystery of it all is stunning, but the wind never blows in the same direction. You're no surprise though.
I want to share everything with you, even my favorite french fries. Your name dances in my dreams and rescues  me in my nightmares. Because of this passion, I am crazy. My heart can grow into a furious envy if another women stole your attention, even for a moment. Don't ask me how  and why I react the way I do. Just stare into my eyes and see your reflection in me. Madly. Insanely. Deeply.
 I treasure your flaws and cradle perfections. Your toughness and softness are my favorite melodies. So sweet, so hard, so fresh.
Your "Are you okay?" text messages are my 911. Your protection tumbles down all of my walls- these fire fighters don't have anything on you.
Sunshine, rainbows, and tornadoes.
I can be irate with my eyes spilling with tears and then I'll adore you within seconds. "You're crazy, my mind titters.  But you're so in love."
My heart only speaks 3 languages:  My God, my dreams, and you.

No comments: