Monday, December 15, 2014

The Makeup Brush

The power behind the makeup brush is quite amazing to me. As a woman who feels strongly about the art of makeup, I think these foundations, blushes, lashes, colors, can truly transform the face of a human being. It is actually frightening how an assortment of  paint can form a new picture. I enjoy makeup because it enhances the features of the individual. Every eye color, bone structure, and eye shape is so beautifully traced.I think make up is alluring and personally, strange and wonderful things happen when I work on myself from the outside in. The glamour of makeup lures me in. Makeup and confidence are distant cousins. Why must our appearances replace  our birth names? Our names are meant to be used to form an identity, not these temporary objects that we use. 
Makeup is a form of art that I have much respect for. This tool is not meant for hiding. Like an artist, one must conjure a plan or layout as to how they would like their portrait to be seen amongst the world. Make up can cover up flaws, not envelope them. The only mask I would ever wear are the clay ones to smooth my skin. I have nothing to shield from the world, except for my naked soul. My authenticity isn't measured by the makeup that I wear, but the words that I share and the actions I display. My paint is my accessory when I wake up in the morning. Shaming women in using these intricate pieces of makeup is useless. I encourage anyone using safe and harmless tools to make them feel at peace with how they present themselves to the world. Not wearing makeup does not place a woman on the highest throne. Women are gorgeous with or without these paints. Be fear from judgement and create your own portrait. Our bodies are canvases. We make the ultimate decision to contour, highlight, and carve whatever we like.  After all,the flesh of freedom is choice. 

No comments: