Thursday, December 4, 2014

1 New Message

I believe that parts of our past can seep into our present, because God has a lesson that's unfinished. It is amazing when one door closes and while you're behind a new one, the very same door that you closed, opens again.  Then, you look back with a scowl and think, What? Didn't I close this door?
Recently, an old memory tempted me to think a little bit harder. I left this person, this door shut for years. It's amazing how one message can change an entire perspective. I've learned that some people come, go... And return.  I believe we, as people, are constantly being tested. There's room to pass and there's room to fail. 
I don't want these memories. I don't want to ponder about a simple message. It bothers me to the core. The curse of being a writer is that words resonate in me like a repetitive rap song. It just won't go away. I'm passing this test though. I will not fail and jeopardize everything good that I have in my life. I think God is trying to make sure that I'm using the strength that He blessed me with. He is telling me that it is okay to be friends with someone you have forgiven.

No comments: