Thursday, December 11, 2014

Beauty, is your name

Alas, my binders and schoolbooks have been shoved under my bed for the rest of the year. Out of sight, out of mind. My hands have been itching to write for days. However, my degree that I have cried, cursed, smiled, and laughed over is literally at my finger tips. I am proud of myself and I have five months to continue to do my best and embark into the real world. As I am sitting here writing, I have a piece that I would like to share. Her name is you. Beauty.
Ladies, I'm talking to you. Put down your cellphones and tone out the world for three minutes. Here it goes.
Beauty and the art of the human body have forever been praised and worshiped One simply cannot commit a falsehood and say their mind never went to static after spotting a beautiful body. Sight can send emotional and powerful messages to our minds. However the human body we must never forget, has been robbed, beaten, abused, and ridiculed. Something that we have  been blessed with has been taken advantage of. Victims or not, neglecting the fragility of the human body is a disgrace.  And beauty. My, such power it has. It can fetch you anything that you want. Scary, isn't? Instead of peering into souls and truly understand our own psyche, some are busy peering into magazines filled with fantasies. Perfection has reeled people in and twisted their emotions.  It is sucking everything out of them from the wallet to the threading of self-esteem.The needle to the thread is lost.
As the famous and exceedingly glamorous Victoria Secret Fashion show airs, to my distraught I see women scatted all over social media bashing and shaming their own gift- their bodies. There is just something so gorgeous and breathtaking about the female body. But why is it so impossible for people to understand that there is more than one form of beauty? These angels are stunning, but they do not dim the light of other women. Impossible! Are we not from the same Creator?
Women crave  to be desired. Especially by the ones we are madly in love with. Shamefully, it has been internalized that a woman's worth is measured by her physical features instead of watching the way she laughs, why she cries, and how the natural and  nurturing, spirit of her very own being actually rescues this planet.
Money is the cavity of this world. With this green little monster, one can obtain the highest form of beauty standards. I say, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself through trainers, makeup and hair artists, and the like. In fact, I encourage this kind of self care. However, feeling your best is vital and by consuming our lives by the physicality of the human body, we are feeding into the darkest forms of insecurity. Insecurity robs and embezzles. It truly ruins everything.
I've been there. I know what heartbreak feels like.
Do not let this world push you to break your own heart. We are worth more than this, ladies. At our deathbeds, our last heart beating second, we will not thing of such things such as our scales. Really, at the feet of the Lord? We are going to measure our lives by how pretty we were by earthly standards? Goodness, no. Say thank you graciously when someone calls you beautiful. Do not deny something that belongs to you.

No comments: