Monday, March 2, 2009

JC

I found someone who understands my heart.
God.
God knows it so well. He knows my heart much better than I do. Oh how I am so in love. I have offically declared Jesus has my boyfriend. He can be yours too, girls. :) Saturday night, I realized that my spiritual life will never be the same. My beautiful friend, Precious invited me to a youth conference at her church Saturday night. For some odd reason, I thought it was a church youth party of some sort. Precious talked about dancing and music, so I automatically assumed it was a church party. I got super excited about meeting new people(particulary boys) and dancing the night away. "I want you to meet this guy that I'm like so in love with! Precious had gushed to me on facebook. "His name is JC. Oh, cute boy! I thought. But when I arrived at the church, I soon realized that my friend meant JC, as in Jesus Christ. Why on earth was my mind centered on boys?

I thought Precious was talking about a crush! The youth conference was simply amazing, and I did find Jesus Christ. The music was upbeat and fun to dance to, but I'm not use to worshipping that way. I'm Catholic and worshipping is a bit quieter. I didn't know how to dance to the wonderful music of praise without feeling out of place.I did feel out of place though. People were staring at me, but I didn't mind. I was focusing on Christ. Oh, man what a night. It was one of the most amazing nights of my life. I love you, Jesus. Oh, praise Jesus. The Pastor there knew my heart. She knew it so well, as if my heart was a storybook bursting out of my body for the whole world to read. She called me on stage to give me a blessing, and I was nervous. She then began like this: "So many are jealous of you because of your beauty."
Record scratch.
Hold on, what?

At this point, I did not meet the Pastor's eyes. I just contined to listen. My eyes grew larger as she began to speak the truth- the truth of my heart. "You are more than a pretty face. You want people to look at your heart. Look at my heart, that's not who I am, Look at my heart!" Tears began to trickle down my face and as the Pastor went on talking, I began to sob how I have never burst before. Everything the Pastor was the truth. I could not believe it. She was reading my heart. She knows my heart. "Don't give away anything. Don't give away your heart, your clothes, don't give away anything. The Lord knows that you want to fit in, but you will never fit in, Rose. God said you will never fit in because...." And what also shocked me was that she knew my secret identity. If I tell you readers my secret, you may not believe me. Soon, don't you worry I will tell you. I just have to figure out a way to tell you all. "You want to please God.... sometimes when you walk down that hallway people think, 'oh she thinks she's tis, oh she thinks she's that and then people make fun of the way you talk." I was howling at that time, and the Pastor locked me in a tight embrace.

Everything she was saying was the TRUTH. She then began speaking in some sort of tongue I could not understand. I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking through her.My feet were planted on that stage for ages, but I wasn't the only one. I began to thank Jesus over and over and over. The pastor wiped my face with tissues. One of the musicians at the church came over to me and we started to talk. She began to talk. She asked me questions as well. And also began to speak in some sort of tongue. The Holy Spirit." I am so inspired by you, Rose. You're 16 and you found Christ. When I was 16 I didn't know who He was. I'm 34, I now know who He is." Man. What a night.

"She knew how I was feeling and everything!" I exclaimed to Precious that night. We were sitting outside the church eating pizza. Precious smiled. "She's a prophet." When I arrived home late that night, I got this in my facebook inbox from a friend:

"Ive noticed you have many great things on your status all the time such as the one you have right now, everything about God and Jesus, you really inspire me every time I read your posts but I have a question, its semi a problem but how do you do that? How are you so faithful? Ive tried so many times, I go to church, I praise God every sunday and at retreats but after awhile, I mean after the retreats and all the good stuff I go back to who I was when I said to myself, Ive changed, I dont know where I am right now in my spiritual life but yeah hope you could give me some kind of reply on this haha."
<3

No school today. For the first time in how many years(???) it snowed here in Atlanta. :)))

3 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

That is amazing how deeply you connected with your Pastor.. and I hope you can help out that person who messaged you! They obviously know you can help them a lot. Enjoy your snow day :D

peace&love,
nicole.

Ellen. said...

Awh, that's such a sweet post. Beautiful how you can write it, too. I agree with Nicole Linette, hope you can help that person asking for advice.

Alayna Whisper said...

Jesus the only one who truly understands me and makes me feel special. Glad to see you discovered that too. =]