Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's raining

It's raining.
This is incorrect. Saturdays are supposed to be beautiful and sunny, although rain can be quite precious. I love to be kissed in the rain and to dance and be twirled in it too. My day has been peaceful so far. I was practicing my splits for cheerleading and having an intense dance workout to the song, 'Freeze,' by T. Pain for about an hour this morning. Later this afternoon, me, Evan, Caroline and all of my youth group friends are attending, 'Cardboard Box City.' We're sleeping outside our church in cardboard boxes. The point of it is to be a homeless person for a day and raise money for St. Vincent De Paul society. This is my first year doing this, and I heard it's worth trying out. We're not allowed to be bring excess food,(ugh. I 'm always eating!) ipods, cellphones, or extra clothes. I'm most certainly bring a toothbrush and toothpaste and I'm not going to be bothered wearing my contacts. Evan and I are going to hang throughout the whole thing. No sleep tonight. :)

It's bitterly windy and rainy today. :/ If the weather gets too bad, then we're sleeping in the church. I should be working on my math project , but I felt like blogging. :) Besides that, nothing much has been going on in my life. Things are alright. School grades are not as high as I wish for them to be. I have too many b's. I don't have any a's, unfortunately. The work is beginning to be way too much- from a seven page research paper, to having four tests in one day. It's crazy.

My geometry grade needs some work. I have a 73 in that. Terrible, of course. I don't know what else to do. I study days in advance for all the tests and quizzes. I take notes, complete all homework assignments,and I even have a tutor. In my school schedule, I'm even a class where I can get school help for my learning disability and all I do is study math. AH!!! What more can I do? Perhaps I get terribly nervous and I forget all of my formulas. That's probably the case. Or maybe I need constant practice. Write all of the formulas on my binders, walls, hands, lol! If I fail geometry, I can't try out for the school cheer squad. That would break my heart. No joke. "If you don't make on the squad, my mother hissed. "No more cheerleading outside of school."

What?! You've got to be joking. I love cheer too much! I can't just give it up like that. This is the only sport I do pretty well in. I fear the ball in basketball and volleyball. I was never interested in those sports anyway. Softball, lacrosse, etc as well. I tried dance as well, and I realized that ballet was not for me at all. I can't just be a writer. I've got to have more talents somewhere.I love sports! My mother always wanted me to do track, and I'm beginning to think I should too. People would tell me all the time that I should do track or join the school cheer squad.

"You run fast, Rose." My best friend, Natty had told me. "Yes! her mother, exclaimed. "You run like the wind, Ro Ro. Do track!" And just last night, a man came up to me and my sister at the gym and asked, "Do y'all do track?" I remember my friend Joe Rigsby telling me so as well. "Rose, you have the longest strides I have ever seen. You should do track. You'll be the next Wilma Rudolph or something." I laughed when he told me this. "Nah, I'm not sure if that's me. I replied, smiling with pleasure. "I'm cheerleading." Joe beamed at me. "Oh yeah, I can definitely see that. You've got the smile, the ribbons, and the glitter, everything." Well, I've got a plan. Cheerleading fall and winter, track spring. Junior year is certainly going to be fun. :)

3 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

Ohh, I heard about charity activities like "Cardboard Box City"! That's really great you're doing it, the rain should make things interesting as well.. And you need to go for track! That would be a great experience.

peace&love, nicole.

Annie said...

Ick. I hate rain! I hope it stops raining for your cardboard box thing! (which, by the way, is a really weird idea! haha, have fun!)

Also, I hope you bring your geometry grade! My grade in geometry has been fluctuating, I think it was a B- on my last report card. Good luck!

Unknown said...

hee. i love rain.

good plan. i say go for it. :)