Sunday, March 15, 2009

How should I reply to this?

Texting.

Me: " James! Long time no talk! How's it going?"
James: "Hey! I was just thinking of you, so weird! I'm doing ok i suppose, just got my phone back. How 'bout you?"
Me: "Lol! I'm great! How's life?"
James: "Good. Ugh it's horribly horrible! But tryin' to make the best out of things/"
Me: "Aw! What's going on?"
James: "Got suspended from school till the start of next year, so now I'm homeschooled and really lonely. And I fell in love with a woman, but God put some major obstacles in our way."
Woman? He's 16, just like me.
Me: "Man. How did all of this happen?"
James: "Well, you know that time I saw you in the dollar store and introduced you to that woman? That's her... and at school I made a bad mistake a long time and somehow it came back to put my world in vertigo (??) and I lost some friends, but above all some respect and trust from my parents."
Me:"Hm, I remember you telling me that that woman was your cousin. What's going on between you two? And what happened at school? Perhaps I can help."
James: "Hahah ya that's one thing... and I know it's really weird. I sold some pills to two kids, when I said I was done, one got mad and told on me and some other ppl... please don't think any less of me, or see me as a bad person because I'm not.
Me: "I don't think of you as a bad person. I'm just really shocked. Don't worry what the others say. God forgives you and you must forgive yourself. Why did you do it? And this girl... what's going on.
As you can tell, I really wanted to know.
James: "I don't know why I did it, to be honest. Nothing really... we just fell in love, when the universe is against us."
I was totally getting suspicious here...
Me: "How old is she?"
James: 21.
....
Me: "Whoa. Were you two secretly seeing each other?
James: "She was staying at my house! We cuddled and I always stole sweet little kisses from her, and talked about our future and investigated things."
At this moment... I was disturbed.
Me:"Investigating things? What?
James:"Like analyzing what people said and stuff, like if someone made a rude gesture towards one of us we'd wonder why."
Me:"Oh ok. Wow."
James: "Lol what do you think of me and her, we shouldn't be together?"
Took me a few minutes to reply to this one.
Me: "I don't think it's right... do your parents know?"
James:"Eh cuz of the cousin part? Or just everything? Well, they know I'm in love with her, but not that she feels the same 'bout me."
Me: "She's way too old. And the cousin part... I don't know...
James: "Age shouldn't ever be a factor when it comes to love, and its only 5 years apart... but ya I know, the cousin part is weird and even sick as some might say."
Me: (No reply)
James: "Do you think I'm some sort of weird freak now? Be honest.
Me: (No reply)

How can I answer to this? To be honest, I think James' is crazy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

holy crap.

i agree. i think james is crazy, too.

i mean, really.

EW.

Bombchell said...

wow wtf!!! I thought he was using the cousin as a coverup.

tell him to avoid temptation. temptation is a sin only if you fall into it. and he's older cousin should know better smh she could go to jail etc

Unknown said...

Woah woah woah!
Text back ASAP!
You gotta let him know you're hear to talk, he needs someone!
I have to side with him on the age thing. It is only 5 years. Age shouldn't matter. Not a bit. you fall in love with the person. they'd be in love even if we didn't have "age".
The cousin thing I'm not sure on. I don't know what the law is where he is and I don't know how far they'll go if you catch my drift but you know.
Everything happens for a reason!
Maybe (I know this is hard to imagine and I hope this doesn't offend anyone) it's all part of God's big plan. I don't know! But I do know he's lost a lot of friends and he doesn't need to lose another! He needs talking to and he needs backup. You don't have to support him but you can back him up by just being there.

He's not a horrible monster. He can't help it.

Well that's my thoughts, I think you should text him bakc definitley though. If you don't like what's going on you've a better chance of changing it by talking rather than ignoring him.

Hope you can deal with this the best way,
Vixxie.

Annie said...

James is obviously insecure about himself, turning to his older cousin like that. It is probably because he feels alone or neglected, especially because he got kicked out of school. Don't promote the relationship. The fact that she is 21 is pretty bad--but his own cousin? I don't know, try to persuade him to find someone else...someone whom he isn't related to. Just don't encourage the relationship or shun him out completely. He obviously needed someone to confide in, that someone being you.

If he doesn't listen, he'll eventually realize that this relationship isn't going to work out. Be there for him, but keep a level-head.

hope that helped!
-annie

Miss. Maddie said...

Well it seems like James is in a difficult situation and as a Christian girl I wouldn't suggest not talking to him. He needs someone and he really opened up to you and you can use that to help him.

My advice would be to make your stand about his situation and still try to help him. Just make sure he understands were you stand.

Hope for the best.

-Madelynn Ann-

Unknown said...

I think these are all really good suggestions and the "you have to be there for him" message is really clear, but I also think that "The relationship is clearly wrong and it is doomed!" message is floating about too.
I don't know. I mean, I don't agree with the whole cousin thing but age definitely should not matter! Age is just something we use to measure time. It says nothing about the people, what they're capable of and what they should or should not be doing!

I think for the first part you should put your own feelings aside and be there for him. Sort out issues like the drugs and school problems before you take a stand on his love life. I put emphasis on "HIS love life", there.

Ultimatley you can't stop him from doing what he wants, but I recomend taking him out and showing him the world. My mum says maybe he hasn't met many people and so gets his love from his family - in this case his cousin. And besides, showing him the world could be fun for both of you!

all the best,
Vixxie.