Monday, January 5, 2009

A treat for you

You are a beautiful
Song.
You are the melody, the harmony,
The voice.
Oh, the lyrics are your words so sweet
So powerful.
Breathless, you make me feel.
You are a dream, the perfection
I see,
The lullaby that puts me to sleep.
Our hearts are lit aflame,
Burning
With infatuation.
Your eyes, oh my such beauty
A window to your heart.
You are a beautiful song,
The voice, the sweet sounding melody.
I can be...
The teddy bear you clutch onto at
Night,
The soft rose petals, the sparkle in your
Eyes.
You are the rain, my prince charming
The glittering star in the sky,
A sweet sounding melody.
Oh how God has blessed me so,
With such a treasure....
With such a gift.
A masterpiece I see, staring back at me.
Priceless.
Like that beautiful song, that heart warming melody.
You give me...
Security.
You glow.
Can't you see?
You're just like that beautiful song,
That sweet sounding melody.
I hit...
Replay.


-September 2008. I wrote this poem for my old boyfriend. Most of you have heard of him on here countless times-Chris. This is the best poem I have ever written. Took me two hours to write it all. I was really looking in my heart, collecting all the deep and emotional feelings I had for him and putting it as one. I handed him the poem on Homecoming night. I typed it all up and constructed a large red heart with his name on a little heart on the left hand corner. I also added my signature look to-the ribbons and the glitter. :) He loved it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAWWW! Cutest, sweetest and most romantic thing ever award goes to you!
That's so so lovely - did you ever give it to him? Or has he ever read it?
This is also very much the way I feel about Marc Bolan at the moment - I fall in love every month or so but I think it's nice! I have a lot of love to give!
Are you still looking for Troy?

Vixxie.

Smara said...

Darn right, he better have loved it! That poem is beautiful, and you can tell it's straight from the heart. I have had inspiration for one a lot like it lately, just hadn't had time to write it all down.

My favorite part is the end where you say: "I hit.. replay"

i'm more like me said...

that was unbelievible. you wrote that? my best poems are written in 15 mins and revised for hours, however i havent been in a poetry writing mood at all lately. also, i was reading that thinngy in ur comments boxes thats starts w/ Words have so much meaning.
and you are compleatly right, so many times peoples say things, mean things, to other people and the brief happyness is short lived b/c it only makes them sad in the end

vero said...

aaww, what a beautiful poem!
i've felt that way before too(:

i haven't been by your blog in a while!lol