Sunday, January 25, 2009

& they danced under the moonlight, all night long

Isn't this girl lovely? Her hair is beautiful.
Anyway, Valentine's day is coming around quite soon.
Yay?
Hm, well I honestly don't mind Valentine's day. I think it's rather cute and lovely. It's on a Saturday this year, so I wish I had a significant other. Saturdays are perfect. I'm starting to withdraw my attention from boys and dating. I just don't care anymore. My time will come when God knows my heart is ready. Wouldn't that be the most beautiful gift in the world to have Troy right on my doorstep, Valentine's day morning? && he will have white roses in his arms ready to see my face light up, and a sweet kiss to bless me with. It's kind of weird that my school is preparing for Valentine's day. The administrators have not done this before, so it's new to all of us returning students. We're having a rose sale starting tomorrow and a 'compatibility' test on Wednesday during homeroom. "Find your perfect match right here at school!" I was in religion class when the this piece of information was announced over the intercom. The whole class roared with laughter.

Oh my. Really? Ha, that's really interesting. I would like to take the test, just to see who I match up with. "That's for desperate people, Lexi had stated. "I'm not going to take it." Desperate people? I think not. The Sadie Hawkins dance is on the seventh. Two days after my sweet sixteen. I'm going to ask my friend, Blair Mooney tomorrow. I'm making him cinnamon rolls, a cute card (decorated with ribbons and glitter of course) as well as a goodie bag.

Blair has lovely eyes.
And he makes me laugh.
I don't have a crush on him, although he is one cute freckled faced boy. Haha. :)
I was actually thinking of sending Reid Carmichael a rose with a mysterious note like this:
Dear Reid,
Your smile is adorable.
You're cute. :)
And, I'm WAY to shy to talk to you. I see you around all the time,and I know you see me too.
Meet me in the library tomorrow morning at the magazine rack. Look for the girl with curly hair and a pink bow.

I told Mel and Caroline my idea, but after their feedback I'm hesitating and second guessing myself whether I should send him a rose or not. "Well, are you sure he won't be like, "uh creeper" when he gets the rose? Mel inquired. "Oh, I laughed. "Yeah..." "Well, you should do it anyway, Mel shrugged. Just take the risk." "Aww that's cute, Rose. Lexi cooed. "But meet him first." Hahaha, I'm not even going to bother anymore. How can I randomly go up and introduce myself? He'll be like, "Why are you talking to me all the sudden?" Stephanie and Ginger made a bet on who would ask Reid first to the dance. Stephanie knows Reid a little bit and his sister, Croix said that he would rather go with Stephanie then Ginger. Stephanie is way too nervous. I'm surprised by her. She never has a problem talking to boys... at all. She has till Wednesday to ask Reid, then the bet is off. I'm backing off with that boy. Reid Carmichael. Steph's fierce with him and honestly, I really don't want our friendship to break into pieces over some boy's cute face. Stephanie said she is in love with Elton and I believe her, although she claims Reid would be hers next school year. Hmm.

Well, other than that this past week was incredible. Obama's inauguration was breathtaking. I loved it and it almost made me cry. && the first dance at the inaugural ball was romantic. A change has come to America. I have hope that Obama will do well. Things will get better, for God has a plan. He always does. Obama has also made history.The first black president. Wow.

5 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

How exciting Rose, almost sixteeeen! :D I'm trying to make mine the best year yet ... it's iffy at the moment, but who knows how things'll turn out X) Best wishes to you.

I wish my school did a Sadies dance, but the budget money just isn't there! haha. Blair sounds like a sweetheart. Mmm, secret notes are so innocent yet in-your-face ... I say go for it!! As for my Valentine's Day, I hopefully am throwing a tea party mini-brunch with my best friends, and then going out to a fancy restaurant for desserts with some girls on my cheerleading team :] I don't quite know yet.

I'll just let you know again that I left you something on my blog, if you haven't looked yet ;D
peace&love, nicole.

Mella said...

She's looks like my cousin.

=D

ellie said...

Don't do what I did..I accidently asked the wrong guy to the Sadie dance because I was practicing very quietly what I'd say to him (the guy I wanted to ask out)while I was in the lunch line. The guy behind me tapped my shoulder and said he'd go with me. And he was cute... so I said sure, because I was pretty sure that guy I wanted to ask was way out of league...but he took up litterally half the dance floor - he was like dancing with Anthony Hall from 16 Candles. Very embarassing.

Unknown said...

the funny thing is, the first thing i thought of when i saw that girl was, "I LOVE HER HAIR!" and then i read your comment about her, and i was like, OY.

ah, well, i can't say as you have anything to really lose by writing the note... but you never know. something could happen first. :P

Soph. said...

sorry I've been MIA. It's been an interesting and crazy and somewhat wonderful and heartbreaking month. I miss talking to you. Sometimes you're the only person that can make me smile with your cute little comments. (: you're a light. don't forget that.