Sunday, January 4, 2009

My love for Jesus


I am in love with Jesus. So in love.
Just last night I realized how much I really really love Jesus, and how I'm close to Him. I've been always feeling so distant from both Him and God. I don't know why. I told God that I want Him to wrap his arms around me. I want to feel that. I want Jesus' hand in me. Clutching tight and not daring to let go of me. Ever. "I want to feel, Lord I prayed passionately, my heart racing. "Feel." Jesus is our ultimate Savior and strength. Go to Him. Just go. Jesus will never reject you. Like Kanye West's hit song, "Jesus Walks" - "To the hustlers, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers, Jesus walks with them."

He loves us, my dear readers. So much, that He gave up his life for every single human being, the living and the unborn. Jesus has his arms wide open, waiting for you to embrace Him. Follow Him. Because, He knows the way. When I was watching a movie with Caroline (sister) and my cousins Derek and Andy, something struck me. In the movie,(which I will NEVER watch again.) The Klu Klux Klan were burning the cross and I promise you, my heart skipped a bajillion beats. I sat at the edge of my chair. "They're burning the cross?!" I exclaimed, compeletely horrified. Oh my gosh, isn't thast blasphemy?

Derek turned to me. "It's the Klu Klux Klan." Well, I acknowledged that part, and I've seen the burning of the cross before... I'm pretty sure in history class or something long ago, but isn't that blasphemy? Yes. That's totally wrong. But then again, I don't know why I reacted the way I did, because the rest did not react at all. Then I quickly realized that, my love for Jesus is so strong and that I'm not so distant than I thought I was. So, when I arrived home I had a date with Jesus. There's a specific place in my room where I sit and pray and worship. I have a lovely view from my window, so with the lights turned off I sit by the window, look out, and talk. I told Jesus about the movie and everything and how I love Him very much. Then I began talking about other things. And, I remember telling Jesus this:

"It's okay, if there aren't any boys coming along my way right now. Pft, I mean who cares?! I've got Jesus! Hahah, I've got YOU!"

<3

8 comments:

LiNDZ! said...

Inspirational :)

I haven't gone to church in a while... & that fact has been eating away at me for a while. I really want to go, but im not exactly the most knowledgeable on the Christian faith. So i feel out of place sometimes.

But when i look back at when i used to go, i see how much i loved it! It was fun, and overall i felt so alive.

-Lindsay

david santos said...

Brilliant!!!
Congratulations!!!
Have a nice week.!!!

Nicole Linette said...

Anytime I see something about the KKK, it makes me sick :( Thanks really good that you were able to see past it with your love for Jesus.

peace&love
nicole.

Soph. said...

I wish could be that in love all the time. It fades, and I know it's inevitable, but I wish it could always be a the fullest capacity. Love your writing, as always. (:

ANNIE said...

That was inspiring!!

I love your blog!

-Annie

Bombchell said...

this is really lovely. its really nice to see you are still keeping your faith regardless of distractions. I'm sure one day u'll find the right guy. i'm way over 16 and still waiting.

I hope i get stronger in my faith, never believed in prayer until i saw it work New Year's Eve this yr, so i have hope.

Ana said...

I'm not religous but its good for you that you have faith and direction. The KKK is horrific.

Mr. Someone said...

That was a really wonderful post. I pray to Jesus to be with me and to walk with me, even though I suppose, he always is. I pray the most that I don't forget him and that I'm strong enough to turn away from things that lead me into darkness and temptation and to be able to love God more. I wish I had the strength you have.

sending you strength :)