Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Troy

His name is Troy.
Troy is in love with Jesus. He is open about his love and is very religious. The Bible fills his mind with hope and courage, and the church is his home. He is someone I can worship, praise, and pray with. We can read the Bible together and make rosaries for others. He is Christ-like. Troy is pure in the heart, mind, and soul. He strays himself away from the impurity that plaques the world and the sexual temptations that he faces as a young man. He is sweeter than the rain falling down your shoulders, sweeter than snowflakes tangling in your hair. He is the security blanket any girl would wrap themselves in. He is cautious and gentle like a fluttering butterfly, yet quick and strong like a fierce tiger. Troy is romantic like a Shakespeare love ballad. He may not be the cleverest guy around, but Troy sure has class and knows how to be a gentlemen. He can make tears turn into laughter any day.

Troy is someone who doesn't mind taking silly pictures with me or sneaking out late at night to Waffle House. He blows kisses to me whenever we pass in the hallways or when we are several inches apart from each other in the school cafeteria. He promises me a white roses for the first day of each month and leaves me sweet messages in my locker or on my cell. We can take the longest walks and have church and ice cream dates on Sundays. This boy would come over for dinner once and while, and he would tell my mom that she's beautiful no matter what. He listens to my woes, fears, and joy. I can see the stars and the world and the blue skies in his sparkling eyes. Troy is not only a lover, but a fighter- for what is good and for what is right.

He is a friend, a secret-keeper, a hero. Troy gazes into my eyes and gives me a gift of honesty and understanding.This boy makes me feel special, wanted, and admired. He brings the good out of me. I feel roller coasters in my stomach when he passes, and he leaves me breathless whenever he smiles. He respects me and looks at me a woman of God- a child of God. Troy is like a knight; he will open the doors and lend me a hand when I need help the most. He gives me kisses on the cheek when we part, and kisses on lips when he can't bare to leave me alone.I can trust this boy with my heart. I look up to his dreams and everything that he does. Troy is no perfection- he makes mistakes like the rest of us, but he confesses his sins to the Lord, apologizes sincerely to those he has hurt, and cleans up the mess. But, there is one thing that is gravely wrong about him.

It kills me. It murders me. It wounds me.
Ah, how my heart aches. Ouch, it burns.
One thing that is terribly wrong about Troy is...
He is not real.
Or could he be?
I do pray.

7 comments:

Soph. said...

He sounds perfect, Rose.

Anonymous said...

I am sure he's out there somewhere. He sounds like somebody I wish I knew too.

I love the way you describe things :)

I tagged you in my blog by the way!

xo

what is your styleosophy said...

what is your styleosophy? (:

Mella said...

Troy sounds wonderful. Perfect. Too good to be true and if he did exist, something awful would happen, but then balance would be restored and the rest of us could go on living. =[

It is true that no-one said life would be easy and, even for the smallest creatures (and the largest) it is still a struggle. We must face challenges, otherwise live would be nothing more than a blank page. But, I don't believe that the challenges in life make us stronger. It's the waiting for them that really tests our strength. It stretches us to the maximum, testing our patience and sanity.

But if God had decided our life was all fun and games there would be little point in us living on earth, if only to test our endurance.

Nicole Linette said...

I hope you find him one day. He's one worth looking for.

peace&love
nicole.
Have a spectacular New Year =)

Smara said...

Don't give up, God has your perfect match picked out already. You just have to be patient wait until He decides the time is right you reveal him to you. Keep praying, though! Because it'll happen sooner than you think.

Leilah = LoVE♥ said...

Troy seems like a very good man of God.
And thanks for the comment on my blog :)