Sunday, December 28, 2008

Flashback of 2008: The Kiss


October 4, 2008. Homecoming night.
Chris Angel gave me my first kiss. We were slow dancing to "No Air", by Jordan Sparks. The lights were dim and it was very hot inside the school gym.Chris had already kissed me a thousand times on the forehead that same night, but this time was different. During the slow dance, we made such intense eye contact that I had to turn away. I was flushed and my heart was beating so fast. I wanted to kiss him on the cheek, but I didn't know how to approach him. I could see Mel smiling at us from the corner of my eye. I felt comfortable in Chris's arms, but I tried not to draw so close. Soon enough, the boy drew me a little bit closer and I soon gave in. Then seconds later, I hear hushed voice command, "Look at me."

I looked up and he kissed me.
The kiss was innocent, but our hearts were beating as one, quickly and leaving the both of us completely breathless. The atmosphere was intense, and everything else seemed magical. Mel watched us and gushed, "OOOh!" I smiled brightly when we broke apart.Quickly, yet carefully he kissed me again, and I promise you, I was going to die of exhilaration.
"Do you like it when I kiss you?" he asked, quietly.
I nodded, beaming.
"Then kiss me back."
I did. :)

My friend John saw us kissing and he gave me a strange look when I looked over at him. I didn't care. The kiss was... wow. When the song was over, we embraced then we walked around holding hands. Take note we were "just friends". (cough, cough, yeah. Hahaha! Of course after that, we were definitely more than friends.) I told Chris to wait for a minute, so I could rush to Caroline and her friends and tell them what had happened. They all shrieked when I broke the news to them. "What does it feel like?!" The girls all demanded. "Um, I answered, breathlessly. Really nice." How can you describe a kiss? It's a moment that I hold dear to my heart. Whenever I think about it, I can't help but smile. Chris then asked me to be his girlfriend in the car ride home. We were holding hands in the backseat and then he whispered in my ear, "Will you be mine?"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you've got such a way with words.

holy a.

thanks for the comment. :)

Leilah = LoVE♥ said...

Aww!!
How cuteiful.
It sounds more of a story but in a good way.
You explain everything so authoristicly. If that is even a word.
Love the post. FLASHBACK :)

Posh said...

Love it. Best wishes to both of you.

Wink...Posh

Nicole Linette said...

Awww, like from a movie X)
.. though I'm really sorry you didn't exactly get your fairy tale ending :\