Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shut up and let me go

Mom. Dad.
You have got to be kidding me.
Just because I'm out with a boy... don't assume we're "together" and we're "doing stuff."
Wow. You two obviously don't know me very well. I'm pure. I'm staying that way till I walk down that aisle and say, "I do." HONESTLY.

Ugh. I wish my parents weren't so old fashioned. Yesterday, I was out with my friends James and Nicole. We just saw the new Jim Carey movie (it's pretty good!) and we hung out at the mall. Nicole left early, so James and I hung out for two extra hours. I haven't him for over a year, so we did alot of catching up and talking. We talked about God and our faith for a very long time and he asked me alot of questions. He isn't religious. He' s not sure what to believe. James grew up Catholic, but he's not a practicing Catholic. Talking to him helped me recognize my relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I mean, I didn't sit there and preach, but I opened up my heart and told him just about everything and I really think I inspired him just a little bit. "You're very religious." he said. Anyway, while I was hanging with James my MOTHER kept blowing up my phone and I was totally irate. My dad just questioned me for about fifteen minutes, because he didn't know I was at the mall. My mom knew very well where I was, but still she snapped at me saying, " I didn't say yes!" Well, you didn't say anything when I told you. I growled, "I told you twice, Mom."

"What time are you coming home?"
"6:30. K bye." I hung up. Mom, let me be a teenaged girl for once. James is NOT my boyfriend. Gosh. That's so stupid. A girl and a guy can hang out in a friendly manner. James said that his mom questioned him too. "So, what are going to do with Rose at the mall?"
What?!
My mother was blowing up my phone and most of the time, I ignored her. She did the same thing when I was out with Chris Angel the first time. James and I were having a nice time just walking around and talking about life in general. We bumped into some of his friends and they all had funny grins on their faces when they saw me with him. Patrick, his (really attractive senior friend) was hilarious. "Hey, James- then he spots me, "Oh ,hey whose this?" He had a silly smirk on his face. Patrick introduced himself and we shook hand. There was another one, but I was too shy to approach him. Anyway, his friends were acting like they've never James hanging out with a girl before. "You know, James is a nice guy." Patrick said to me. I laughed and as they began to walk away, Patrick whispers something in James' ear and leaves. I was super curious, but I kept my mouth shut. After awhile, my mother called yet again (honestly, she's the only person on this earth who makes me so angry) and I decided to pick up. She began to yell at me and James could hear her too. Embarrassing.

"Didn't you say you'll be home at 6:30?!" My goodness. I'm getting irritated just typing about this. I guarantee you, if I were out with a girl, my mom wouldn't even care what time I would get home, or at least blow up my phone. She only does this if I'm with a boy. "Yes, but James' brother is picking us up now."I hissed into the mouth piece, not bothering to clean up my frustration. Mom began to freak out. "His BROTHER, how old is he? Didn't I tell you you're not allowed to be in the car with a teen driver-!
James looked at me incredulously. "Dang Rose, do you want me to talk to her?" I gladly handed him the phone.
!!!
James' brother, Solomon is 23. My mom accepted that. Whatever. That' a bunch of nonsense. "Why wouldn't your mom let a teen drive you?Jessica asked me the previous night. "You're a teen driver." I know. My mom is being so ridiculous. When I get my license, I get to use my dad' car and I would always be out hanging out with my friends. I hate staying at home. Anyway, Solomon picked us up (Ahhh he's brother is a hottie. Oh man, I think I am becoming a teenaged girl. I don't appear too boy crazy I hope. LOL.) and we had a fun conversation in the car. I had a nice time with James. He's really sweet and he's such a gentlemen. When I got home, my mom didn't say anything to me. Good, because I was getting ready to scream. I don't care if she doesn't want me hanging out with boys. I'm going to anyway. Boys can be my friends. My decision, not hers. Well, I don't know I don't think my mom has a problem with me being friends with them, but hanging out with them- yes. Whatever. Not my problem, honestly. So yes, I did ask James what Patrick had said to him. "Hey, I asked casually. "What did your friend say to you? I'm just curious." James hesitated. "Uh, don't worry about it."

Knew it.
I was persistent and James give in easily. He said it real fast. I heard a really vulgar sentence, but I wanted him to repeat himself so I can make sure.... but when I asked for a repeat James totally switched the words and said, "He said, she (referring to me) looks good, she's a keeper."
The keeper part is true, because that's what James said the first time, but the 'looks good' was a cover-up. Patrick had said something else and I know what is. It's something you shouldn't really say, you know? I will tell you and I'll put censors to make it clean as possible. Patrick said this:(f bomb) a (female dog), but she's ('she' as in referring to me) a keeper." Excuse me? What's that suppose to mean? Use me for sex, but keep me? Hahaaha DON'T think so. I have a big 'x' all over my body. Like a big electric fence. Touch, you are out of here. You're not my husband. Why must I offer my body to you? Anyway, I called Jessica and Mel, and Mel asked if I would consider just casually dating James. I said no. He's just a friend and I simply can't see myself with him. We don't have the same morals or values ( we discussed that too. ) and the spiritual connection is not even there. I can't be with him on a romantic level. Just buddies is good. She's a wonderful friend, Melanie Lane. And Jessica is my big sister. Both of them are. :)

6 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

Rossseee, I do believe our parents must have grown up together, or learned from the same parenting book X) Haha. I could relate to every single thing in this post.. except for the comment from Patrick.
But he might have meant that James should hook up with other girls, but not you, 'cause you're worth it. That's good that you've decided what kind of relationship you want with him (friends only). I wish I could figure that out with some of my guy friends too.

peace&love
nicole.

LiNDZ! said...

awwh! That sucks!
By now i've learned that if im hanging out with a group of friends i only mention the girls who are going. But i get what you mean, theres a point where its too far! Last week i hung out with some friends and i mentioned my guy friend was going. My mom insisted that she come allllll the way down to the ice rink and stand in line with me while i bought my ticket. It's not that im embarrassed of her, its more of the fact that im not a KID im 16 for goodness sake!

At least James realizes that what his friends said wasn't cool. But you have good intentions by not jumping into things quickly.
-Lindsay

Christina Celeste. said...

Isn't is wonderfly frustrating how ignorant people can be? I faced that with my best guy friend for a year, and still do. We can't even hang out in public areas, because we'll be ridiculed to no end. I know exactly what your feeling! Gah, you just want to ring their necks, but you can't.
And YES, sometimes I just want to give up on anything male in general. It seems that sex is all they care about, but then you meet those few special guy friends that look at your face and not your boobs for once.

Haha!

ChristinaCeleste:D

Ashlyn Potter said...

Hey, thx for commenting on my blog btw. Thats too bad, they should trust you more. Thats wonderful you talked about Christ with him. Look forward to seeing you in heaven lol. :) Oh ya, and where do I follow your blog?

BiLLiON $$$ said...

thanks for folowing my blog
happy holidays :)

Miss. Maddie said...

hey i know how you feel. They just have to let you go and let you live. I have the same problem.