Monday, December 29, 2008

Flashback of 2008 :Confirmation & Football games

October 18, 2008.
Confirmation day.
I woke up with a smile planted on my face, knowing well that this day would be fantastic. I had a hair appointment and it ended tragically. The hair dresser had cut my hair, instead of giving me a trim. Thank God that my hair has grown since then. Anyway, the whole ceremony was amazing. The Archbishop Wilton Gregory is hilarious and made all of the confirmandee(teens who were getting confirmed) feel very comfortable. Wow. I am now fully blessed with the Holy Spirit and now I am really a member of the Catholic Church. The whole ceremony was really lovely. The Archbishop asked each of us a question when it was our turn to go up to him. When we answered the question, the Archbishop We all had to do a little bit of studying. My Confirmation saint is St. Maria Goretti, patron saint of young girls and purity. I took a lot of pictures and had a small celebration at the house. I got lovely gifts from my Confirmation sponsor as well. Confirmation is such a beautiful sacrament. All of the teens got a really pretty crucifix necklace at the end. I use to wear it all the time. I still have it, and I'm never going to lose it. I can't wait for Caroline to get confirmed next year. She gets to go to Camp Covecrest! That camp changed my life tremendously.

Football games.
Are the best.
Oh how I love Friday night football. Ahh! :) I miss those so much. However, there is only one game that I'm never going to forget. The game when my school beat our rival. August 29, 2008. It's been what, six years since we last beaten them? That was the best football game I have ever been to. I stayed after school for that one and that was a total blast. Alot of people were tailgating and there was a dj and everything. It was extremely hot, but I enjoyed running around with my friends. We all dressed in our school colors and shouted ourselves hoarse throughout the game to cheer our school on. That game was simply amazing. Everyone danced to the marching band music with shakers and all, and everyone was just so full of energy.

2 comments:

Smara said...

Ahhh i love football games as well :)

Nicole Linette said...

Your confirmation sounds really amazing. School sports games are great! Wow, the ambience of that particular one seems unforgettable too :)

peace&love
nicole.