Friday, July 17, 2009

&This One's For the Guys

Dear Guys,
I just don't know what to say.
Honestly.
These words are so difficult to find, but I'm fighting off this silly writer's block.
Naturally, our hearts are the best speakers. So I sit here, I am looking into my heart while I'm writing this letter to you.
Guys, I am here to praise you. You don't know how much you mean to us girls. There is something about each and every one that is so captivating. God created you all handsome and strong, and like the beautiful stars in the sky you truly take my breath away.
Don't let anyone tell you that you are not worth anything, because you ARE worth something, more than you'll ever know. And, I'm sorry that the media frowns so much upon you.
You know what?
I really wanted to write a beautiful piece on this, on how you guys should take a look in the mirror and actually like what they see.
Girls get way too much attention. You can't argue with that.
You guys are hurting too.
&& I want you boys to know, that you don't need a hot car or an eight pack to be considered handsome and cool. Seriously, stop listening to those universal lies. It's all nonsense.
This one's for you... the guys.
I want you guys to love yourselves. Seriously.
"For me, I just want to see guys happy and unafraid to let loose; perfectly content to act like a dork and let down that cocky swagger, if it's actually a facade of protection. I want appearances and stereotypes to be disregarded.”-Nicole Linette. 16. New York
Boys, you're handsome already. Stop that excess benching. You don't need it... really. Don't even think about those steroids. Put them down.God doesn't want you hurting yourself. All I'm saying is, that when you look in the mirror-love what you see. Embrace your flaws. In everything you do, from your career to sports. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not good enough, because you are good enough. It doesn't matter how fast you can run, how much you can bench, or how tall you run. Seriously, those things don't matter in the least. Those things don't evaluate your character or anything that is truly important. I want people to focus on your hearts and take that pressure off your shoulders. A man's heart is precious as anyone else's.
You're strong.
Strong, handsome, intelligent, men of God.
Who cares what the media says. You don't need excess cash in your wallet or to be six foot seven to be accepted.
I am so sorry that you are hurting.
I'm sorry for the rejection you boys face, just because you want to wear a pink shirt or something terrible has happened and you cried about it.
What a sad world.
You guys have feelings, and I think people often forget that. People are always putting the blame on you and simply just burning you down. It isn't right... at all.
To me, I think all guys have amazing qualities.Each and every one of you.
"That's so true!! Personality is more important than how much money a person has or how hot they are! What's important is that they see themselves in a better light, and that they see their strengths instead of their weaknesses. They need positivity when they think of themselves. :D”- Victoria Kelly 16. Georgia
I'm sorry for all the pressure you boys face.
I pray to God that someday soon, all this mess would be put to rest. You guys are special. More special than you think.
Love,
My Heart.

“You're absolutely right, guys don't need to be the hottest thing out there or the richest......They just need to care...To have a simple sensitivity to the needs of others, and to not take people,particularly girls for granted...We were made to love and to be loved, and that's what they need to realize...It shouldn't be about physical appearance or worldly goods..It's about their heart, their soul, and the beauty of their minds. My last boyfriend captured my heart, because he saw the beauty in everything, and accepted things as they were, and never told someone that they weren't good enough...Girls are sensitive enough without having guys who are all about just looks and not even seeing a girls heart...So my message to guys is; look deeper, into their own hearts, and to the other hearts around him, find the inner beauty in them, and be attracted by what you find there.Everyone on earth, bad or good, handsome or not, I believe was created in the image and likeness of God, and no matter how unloved guys feel, no matter how disgusted they are with themselves in the mirror...I believe God loves them with an intensity that cannot be matched on this earth, He created them with a purpose, there is not one guy on this earth who is not destined to do something good in his lifetime...That is what they need to realize...."Kristen. 14. Virgina.

"I don't know what to add except i guess that guys should always treat their girlfriend like she's the most precious thing in the world and always be understanding and patient .and they should know that if they do that,it will be worth it and it'll come back to them. they should know to treat girls with respect and they'll get respect back. ...that the guys are worth more to girls,than they think.” – Anonymous

“I don't know if I can be the greatest help, but what the heck, I'll try. You might want to mention how guys shouldn't be ashamed to express themselves. ”-Anonymous

And here is what one guy responded to me on a question/answer site-"Well obviously the media pressures females to look like barbies who are sexually "empowered" (have sex indiscriminately), while guys are always portrayed as being worthless unless they have a giant package, make a lot of money, etc. It also generally shows guys as being stupid and in many ways inferior to women. There have been many times where girls hit guys and its something to cheer about. If a guy does that his life is OVER. So yea, thank you for taking the time to stand up for the guys out there that have been so thoroughly disenfranchised by the media.”- Male 22.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutly amazing Rose Valentine!!

Thanks so much for adding my comment, I appriciate that :)

I wish every guy on earth could read this, I think it would touch every single one of them..Your writing is truly beautiful, honest and truthful...

Thanks for the comments on my blog too :) It's really awesome having a fellow Roman Catholic ;)

Krosemarie

Natalie said...

Whoa, this was an incredibly awesome :D I too wish that every guy in the world could read this and realize that us girls really couldn't care less about eight packs and cars and all of that. Wonderful idea and wonderful post!

Soph. said...

I've been waiting to read this, and it didnt let me down. i wish i would've sent my response sooner, ive been praying about it and double checking everything. i'm glad it came out as amazing as it did :)

Nicole Linette said...

Hey Rose, thanks so much for adding me into your post :) It was beautiful. If there was a way to mass chain mail this to everyone.. who knows what could happen.

peace&love,
nicole.