Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oh Whoa There

I think love attraction is very strange, complex, and absolutely out of order. A mess.
A hot, beautiful, mess, you know the kind of mess everyone wants to get into. And No one offers to clean up at the end. It was so late that night. At four am in the morning, I was still awake... not talking to Brody. What? Not Brody? No, not Brody. I honestly don't know what's with us lately. I mean, we were never in a relationship, but the attraction is dying out. He just doesn't care. He STILL hasn't called me, because he insists in texting and when was the last time he asked me out? Oh yeah, exactly one month ago.I've invited him on two double dates and plans seem to fall out anyway, because the other couple always end up cancelling. I'm not trying to sound like a demanding person, but if you have feelings for someone, shouldn't you make an effort? Let me be honest here. When Stephanie Garcia paired us up, I was suddenly beginning to feel pressured, not by her but really by myself. (Does that make sense?) In other words, I feel like we were forcing the attraction. Sure there were times when we did show our feelings but, I can't even tell you if Brody Mingram actually does have feelings for me. He's such a nice guy though and he's fun to be around with. But, I'm chasing after something that shouldn't happen. Besides, he's been hanging out with a really gorgeous blonde girl so... there you go. I've been praying to God about Brody... and I've got my answer.

Love has a very strange attraction.
I met this boy who makes me smile, no not smile... beam. And I'm falling so fast for him, my readers you don't even know. My heart races and I'm feeling all flustered and giddy and insane as I'm explaining this random, totally wild attraction that I have for Samir Mustafic. He is an exceedingly handsome, Bosnian sweetheart who makes me feel so special. I mean dang,what is this craziness? Up at four am? And oh my, oh my, the way he speaks to me is just... wow. "You two are complete opposites, Rose! Stephanie Callahan exclaimed. "But he really likes you. I thought he was kidding, but he's actually serious. He wants to kiss you."
"Does he really? Girl, this is all moving too fast!"
"I mean, oh my gosh I can't believe this is happening yall don't even know each other!"
I stiffened a little. "Well, yeah true."
"I feel really awkward right now."
I let out a little laugh and smiled. "Aww..."
"I'll come around, hahaha. Just... take it real slow with him okay? Man this is crazy!"
Samir is one of Stephanie's best friends as well as her boyfriend's. (Elton, is his name). I really just want to be "romantic friends" with him as I was with Brody, but this instant attraction that Samir and I have for each other is developing into more than friendship. He likes you, Rose because he said that you're different and he wants to try something new, like he respects your purity and innocence... and he just wants to see what happens.
Text Messages(not in any particular order)
Samir:"Aww."
Me:"Aww what?"
Samir:"I wanna chill with you."
Samir:"I hate being in North Carolina."
Me:" LOL cheer up you're coming home tomorrow."
Samir: "No, I wanted to spend the day with you."

Samir:"Loser."
Me:"Hahaha what?! I thought you were sleeping!"
Samir:"I thought so too, but I was thinkin of you."

Samir:"Guess what?"
Me:"What??"
Samir:"I like talkin to you."
Me:"Aww. Why?"
Samir:"I don't know, because you listen and your honest and everything..."

Me: "Food is the best."
Samir:Yeah, but it's not better than me."
Me:"Well, you're right about that one. :)"
Samir:"Aw you're sweet..."

Samir:"How many boyfriends have you had?"
Me:"One."
Samir:"Daang, seriously?"
Me:"Yes, is that bad or something?"
Samir:"No, you're just too cute to just have one boyfriend."
Me:"Say something in Bosnian."
Samir: "Ja mislim Rose Valenine je ljepa u slatka. :)"
Me: "Translate." :)
Samir:"Nope, you gotta figure it out yourself."
Me:"I think I have an idea."
Samir:"Well it says to me that I think that Rose Valentine is beautiful and sweet :)."

"And Rose, just keep in mind that you're not the only one he's talking to." And I have to admit, At first I was like ,"Oh dang it." Hahha. "Yeah, Elton said that he's talking to some college chick."And... there is one problem. One major problem- well, maybe problem is not a nice word to use... Stephanie said this to me last night. "Rose, you two are opposites. He's Muslim, and you're Christian. You're so religious and He cusses like every two seconds." Well, he doesn't swear that much around me anyway...
My heart did something funny."Wait, he's not Christian?"
"No, Rosalina he's Bosnian remember? They're Muslims. But, don't tell him that I told you that, because it would be like I'm turning you off and I want you two to get to know each other."
I knew that.
Seriously, I knew that he wasn't Christian at the beginning. Stephanie would always come to school talking about Samir and she mentioned that he was Muslim. I was just lying to myself the whole time that it wasn't true, because I can see myself with Samir, but spiritually...
It won't be there. And spiritual connection is what I crave for the most. More than the good morning text messages he sends me, the way he talks to me... anything.I mean, I have nothing against his religion at all. I honestly don't, it's just that Samir is interested in me-after all he asked me about my relationship past and asked if I were looking for a relationship... I can't just shut him off. He treats me too well. I mean, we don't have to be in a relationship, we could be just friends. That's perfectly fine. I'm just saying that, if he wants to be in a relationship with me, it's going to be a spiritual struggle... in other words it wouldn't work. Friendship? Why yes of course. I am not prejudice.
"Just see what happens, Rose. Have fun, and... you never know."


























No comments: