Monday, July 5, 2010

Wear your smile

That's me. Holding Domo backwards... hahaha.
I've been doing better. I had a fun 4th of July weekend. I failed my driver's test though, which I am very disappointed about it. I hit the cone when I was paraell parking. I was nearly in tears. I get to retake it tomorrow or sometime next week. My parents think tomorrow is too soon. My dad was a little angry that I didn't do well. I felt bad, and my instructor was actually very sweet. She had the prettiest blue eyes.
Rasul texted me and I didn't hesistate to ignore him. I've clearly moved on. And I saw Brody on Saturday. It wasn't planned at all. We both ended up at the same fourth of July festival on Saturday. I haven't seen him since December when I was cheering at our schools basktetball game so it was nice to see his face again. He looked really cute, tall, broad-shouldered and sporting stunning white shades. We just hung out for a bit and then departed each other to spend time with friends and family.Ever since Rasul and I broke up, I've been talking to a few more guys. Being single is so much fun. :)
There's this one guy I've met way long ago- back in the seventh grade. We were in the same homeroom and science class and he was incredibly adorable. We spoke quite a bit and then by the end of the year he moved away. Well one evening, I was flipping through some old yearbooks in spite of boredom, and his face popped up and surprised me. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "I remember him!" I recorded his name on a piece of paper and looked him up on facebook.
Found him. And we've been messaging back and forth and he's really sweet. He remembers me too. :) He lives in Louisiana and he says he misses Atlanta. He's planning on visiting and we're going around town together. He called me his Georgia girl.
The catch is that well.... his name is Ras.
...
Ras. Rasul. WAY too close. But, whatever. I'm not planning on dating Ras anyway. He doesn't even live in state.I wanted to draw attention to that, so that is why I kept saying, "he."
Hahaha.
Anyway, I'm off to drive around for job applications and work on college stuff.

2 comments:

Renee said...

GIRL. When will you realize, you're doing exactly what you said you wouldn't: going back to a guy, setting yourself up for heartbreak. Your expectations are too unrealistic for a serious relationship, and quite frankly you're obsessed with the male gender.

Kate Kwok said...

Glad that you have moved on. And yes being single is so much fun. Good luck in the driving test.