Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Give me the money... seriously.

I have to make a huge decision.
My parents pay twenty thousand dollars in total, for my sister and I to attend the school we are currently enrolled in. I've been in that school for three years and I love the learning environment so much. I've met incredible people and the rigorous work really shaped me up to work even harder for the grades I want. The school's fantastic and very Catholic family oriented. But of course, my parents are paying a lot of money and have restricted us from several vacations, shopping trips, and getting a nice car. My little sister also attends a private school, so as a whole my parents are paying over twenty thousand dollars. It's crazy. We really can't do much and we basically have to watch our money with hawk's eyes. My parents are tired of paying for it and really wants us to enroll into our local school so we can have a bit of fun. And of course, I would get a car which no doubt, is a very tempting offer. My grandma called me two days ago and told me that she's going to pay for half of my car anyway.
It's all up to me and my sisters.
Senior year and new school? I won't necessarily be a stranger, because I know a lot of the kids in my grade. I went to more than half of elementary and middle school with them.It wouldn't be terrible, but I'll miss uniforms though. And since it's senior year, the uniforms are different from everyone else with a bonus, soft, senior sweater. We also have the senior courtyard to chill and hangout, senior seats during church service, and all that good stuff. I can't stand waking up every morning and trying to figure out a new outfit. Even with uniform I take over an hour to get ready. I'm ridiculous. But I feel as if I would have more fun in my local school and be able to apply to more challenging courses. At the school that I am enrolled in, the teachers don't allow everyone to take ap and honors courses. It's stupid. We need ap courses to apply for colleges! The teachers think they know us best when in reality, they really don't. How can you know that I won't be able to handle college work? If I fail, isn't that my problem?
I don't know.
I sort of want to leave, but I don't won't to regret it.
I'll pray.
I've been applying and looking jobs. I think it's bad if you don't work and your in highschool. Not wise at all.
I hate money. I wish I can be like some of my classmates- Afford the school and have the money to do other things.
Unfair.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hey, be grateful that you even get a choice. Be grateful that you get to go to a $20,000 school, or get a new car. Most people your age don't get either. Be thankful for what you have.

Rose Valentine said...

Yes, you are right Mary. I need to be more grateful.

Mary said...

It's the best thing you can do for yourself! Part of the formula to true happiness :-)