Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pretty

"You're so pretty... you're so beautiful. Your face, everything is just perfect."
Okay so, I love makeup. I really like the mascara, the eyeliner, the eye glitter and the face powder. I didn't start using makeup properly till this past summer. Last year, I didn't wear any unless it was Homecoming or something. Now I'm into every piece of makeup. I try to put on too much. I just like makeup. It makes me feel better, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess you can say I'm a bit insecure, but I'm not shallow. Looks aren't everything but most of the time I wear makeup to please the guys, not myself. Chris always said I was beautiful. He would say that to me every single time we spoke. Whenever a guy calls me "pretty" or "beautiful" it touches my heart and I will remember them. Maybe it's because I don't tell myself that I am beautiful.

Jessica told me that it shouldn't be a surprise and I shouldn't take it to heart whenever a guy compliments me in that way. "You should look at yourself in the mirror everyday and tell yourself that you're beautiful. You should already know that you are. So when a guy or anybody tells you that, you shouldn't be like, "Omigosh!" But, I can't help it. I do take it to heart. I admit that I like it when a guy stares at my face. I want to read his mind and I want every guy that I cross paths with to think of me as pretty or beautiful.I don't know why I'm making a big deal out of this. The thing is, whenever another girl calls me pretty or beautiful I'm just like, "Aww thanks!"

However with a guy, it's a total different reaction.Maybe I'm just stupid. I guess because beauty gets attention. Some people are just shallow. I don't think I'm ugly. (I use to) Not all. I'm not conceited or anything but, I do consider myself to be pretty. I am beautiful in God's eyes and that's all that matters. And yet I still continue to struggle with beauty. I just can't seem to put down that eyeliner. I can't go natural. That's just not... me?
After all, makeup is not bad right?
I'm going to a sweet sixteen tonight and whenever I go to a function, it takes me forever to put on makeup.(On a daily basis, it does take me some time.) I don't know... am I to into makeup or something?

4 comments:

Jordyn said...

tell me about it...except...i dont like it when people tell me im pretty or beautiful. I mean, yeah, i like it in moderation, but i hate when i get told this all the time. my friends are constantly telling me how everyone likes me (because im pretty) and i hate it. i wish they could see me the way i see me. really see me...whatever tho. and i dont think makeup is bad. personnally, i only wear mascara and occasionally some lip gloss, but i dont see whats wrong with a little bit of it.

Katrina :) said...

There's nothing wrong with make-up. I love wearing it. I feel better when i do, but I mostly put on mascara, eye liner and black, grey, or purple eyeshadow. I feel pretty too...but I never see boys...I just like to look good. Normally, I'm confident, but it's a good pick me up...i just really like it. its fun! :] i don't wear it EVERY day, but most days. Even if i just stay at home. But today, i didn't put ANY on, cuz i've had a lot on (for halloween) this past week. I'm glad i didn't cuz i cried in church (cuz i miss my gramma and it's all souls day). so idk. lol long comment! ;]

have fun at the party! :]

trina

BiLLiON $$$ said...

yah i can't resist make up
i love mascara cuz i have big lashes so when i wear mascara it makes them even bigger :)

vero said...

i love your blog! i've read alot of it (:
i agreed with this post the most though,
you really are pretty! lol, i agree
and feel the same way about EVRYTHING
you just said here (: