Monday, November 10, 2008

People Pleaser



I've learned that...
I'm a total people pleaser.
I say what people want to hear. It doesn't matter how I feel. I don't lie necessarily, I just want to be nice and not say "no" all the time. I really don't express how I feel about things most of the time. I want to come across as nice and sweet. For example, if a friend wanted a dollar for a snack (and if I was super hungry) and all I had was that dollar, I would not say no. I would starve and let my friend have the dollar. Or maybe that's being generous? But, sometimes when I'm talking to people and there's a bit of a disagreement or something, I just try(moreforce myself) to agree anyway, so no one would get cross with me. I want to keep people happy. Most of the time, I ignore my silent "no's" and opinions. I wasn't really aware of this trait that I havve until Jessica pointed this out to me last week. She asked me to describe myself and I dug pretty deep. "I'm dumb and I have alot to learn. Sometimes, I force myself to agree with people so they won't get mad at me. I'm not really honest with myself. I'm emotional, sweet, and I have patience. I'm also generous. I'm serious, puzzled, and shy." I don't know how to stop being a people pleaser. I was never always this way till now I guess. This is the way I am.

"The world would suck if there weren't any people pleasers, but they don't go anywhere."-
Jessica.

5 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

Aww.. that quote from your friend Jessica is a bit harsh, in my opinion :\

You're nonconfrontational, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just don't compromise your values in the process.

peace&love
nicole.

Christina Celeste. said...

coming from another people pleaser,

i know exactly how you feel.

btw?

you looked amazing at homecoming, darling :D

BiLLiON $$$ said...

i think i mite be a people plzer too??? i'm not sure but i think i am
it is sometimes good and sometimes bad :)

Jordyn said...

I know the feeling!! Well lately, I've been breaking the habit, but in order to keep the peace, sometimes I just agree with everyone. Like "Hey, do you like my new sweater?! I love it sooo much!!" Even if I don't, I just say yeah...I think maybe it's a force of nature...

The Cooking Lady said...

There is nothing wrong with pleasing people, but when it encroaches on your lifestyle, then you are no longer you.

We walk a fine line when we do what we think others will like. Be true to yourslef without being rude, and all will be right as rain.