Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Change '08


Barack Obama has made history.
A change is coming.
He is the inspiration. The hope to everyone and he will unite all of the minorities of America. When my family and I watched the elections we screamed in victory. We were all overcome with emotion. I could feel it in my heart. I called my friends who were also Obama supporters and we screamed and screamed with joy. I felt so proud... we were all so happy. I'm democrat- my whole family is democratic but we didn't vote for Obama just because he's black. We voted for him because we agreed with most of his views and he promised change-real change. But yes, he is an inspiration to us as blacks in America. The first black president- that's history right there. Oh, the joy I felt- the joy I still feel. Obama, Obama. I can never get enough of watching him on the television. I can't believe this happened. I almost cried, my readers.Cried. I got down on my knees and praised the Lord right before bed that night. I celebrated. The next morning, I woke up and it all really sunk in. Wow, Obama won. The change is here. And history... he's made history. The first black president. That's something. People all over the world are celebrating Obama's success. In Kenya, they made Obama's victory an National holiday. People in Japan held conferences and prayer services just for Obama. My mom bought several newspapers for the memories.

That very next day however, was possibly the worst.
I was so very happy. I could feel it burning and firing up in my heart that it permanently left a smile on my face. My classmates could tell, but half of the students there wanted John Mccain. Or neither. We held a mock election last week and Mccain won the majority of the school. Us Obama supporters were consistently burned to the ground all day. I have never felt so rejected and offended in my life. Evan wanted Mccain, and her of all people- my best friend also brought me down and hindered my happiness a bit. Most the harsh comments were directed to all of the black kids. It's funny how the color of someone's skin can cause so much chaos. There is never an excuse to be racist towards anyone. When I look at someone, I look at them as a person, I'm color blind (in that sense. Not literally) First of all, it wasn't only black people who voted for Obama. Obama got all kinds of races- black, white, Asian, Latino, etc. And, most of the black people who voted for him didn't vote for him just because he's black. I mean, there was a handful of them who voted for him for that reason,but that doesn't give anyone the right to generalize like that. That's ignorance and that really ticks me off when people say that. Alot of people were bashing Obama and making racists comments all over the place. My sister and I felt hurt. We couldn't believe how racist are school really is. A kid in my class was even conjuring up some sort of vision of Obama's assassination.

Look at this ignorance. It's disgusting. I have never felt rejected in my life. There is never an excuse to be racist. It's amazing how the color of someone's skin can cause such chaos. My mom was surprised what happened at school, because it's a private Catholic school and all and she thinks that we are all "angels." No, mom. It's highschool. Honestly, I didn't understand the anger some people had at school. After all, America choose him. It was in God's plan. Robert Kennedy predicted this history way back in the 1960s. God's plan.

Another thing that angers me is when people say that if you support Obama, then you support the killing of babies. Okay, I've explained this to people a thousand times. Obama is pro-choice. In other words, he thinks it's the woman's choice to abort or not. It's like sin- you choose to sin or not to sin. Abortion is a terrible thing, but people make the choice to do so or not. Another thing is that, Catholics can vote for Obama. How dare people say that if your Catholic you can't vote for him. The Pope, even sent out a message saying that we could and that even if we do agree with being pro-choice, that it was okay. Being pro-choice doesn't mean you support abortion all the way through. It doesn't mean you're saying yes to abortion, you're saying yes to choice. I agree with both Mccain and Obama. (If that makes any sense. I'm half and half)But one thing I don't agree with, is Mccain saying that he's pro life and yet, he believes in capital punishment. That's not pro life. Pro life means that you believe that all life is sacred. Not just babies' lives. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Mccain. (I'm not trying to bash him)I don't hate him or anything, and really if he had won I would of gotten over it and pray for him too. I wouldn't get angry. I wouldn't bash him in people's faces. And really, to be a supporter of either candidates, it means you agree with most or all of their views, ideas, plans, etc.You don't have to believe in all of their views.

Anyway, I'm ignoring all the trash that is going around at school. Honestly, if my mom were to withdraw me from school on Wednesday and send me to my local school, I would of left... willingly.It was awful. I felt so bad. But, not everyone reacted that way. I musn't generalize either. There was a good amount of Obama supporters too. I mean, people were being harsh about it on facebook and all but, it's okay now. It's all over. I'm happy and I'm praying for Barak Obama and his family. He needs our support.

It was Chris's birthday on Election day. He was happy that Obama won. The best birthday gift he's ever got. I acutally gave him a phone call(while muttering to myself, "I'm risking my life, I'm risking my life..." Not to be mean or anything. ) and we literally talked for two mintues. He was busy watching the elections and he couldn't talk. I'm so suprised that he picked up! But, I've been getting these weird vibes that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. We've talked on facebook a couple of times and I don't know... he's got another girlfriend now.(he broke it off with Christina, the girl he kinda had a thing with just after the break-up. Mel isn't allowed to tell me what happened with the whole thing so obviously, Christina was the girl he kissed or whatever and it was probably more than kiss but of course nothing "too far") Now, it's kind of funny because, Melanie told me that Chris is not a relationship person.He gets infatuated and then he rushes into a relationship. I'm guessing the last part of it would be, "Then he breaks it off." That was probably want really tore us apart despite the distance(I honestly thought that the distance wasn't too bad. Thirty- five miuntes. But whatever. It's all over. Why am I still talking about this?) and his unfaithfulness.
He can't stick in a relationship and I can. That is a major difference between us. I pray that Chris doesn't makecheat on his new girl. I mean, I serioulsy thought about it before, but there is probably a reason why he cheated on me. I mean, there is no reason to cheat, but he probably felt that I was just too far away and he wanted someone closer. He was probably missing me and wanted to see me more. Doesn't that sound true? I have to confess that I am jealous of him because he was able to find someone new within what three weeks, and me I'm still trying to find someone to "just date." Chris has everything going for him. Soccer superstar, good grades, the best birthday present, and he has someone special by his side. I know for sure, that I'm not going to find my guy anytime soon.

It sucks. Major. Especially if you've got a huge amount of your friends and classmates all finding someone to be with.(You know I'm not going to let this go) Jessica told me that I have to meet some guys but WHERE?? I've been asking her that question forever. I'm not desperate, but I'm eager. I guess I'm still hurt. Maybe not too much but I'm still aching. Not for Chris, but for someone new. Not for emotional purposes, though. I'm not that kind of girl. I'm not going to throw myself in any guy's arms. He's got to meet my standards. Anyway, there are alot of jerks doing all sorts of damage at school and is REALLY REALLY hindering my belief that they are truly good ones out there, or there is really one for me for that matter. :/ Whatever. I shouldn't feel sorry for myself, but I'm not going to let this go. I'm ready to date and I'm ready for the next great guy to come along. I remember Evan stated this at the game last night. " You two (meaning me and Mel) give in too much time in guys. If a guy gives you crap, then leave him." " Well, it's kinda hard to especially if you like the guy,I repiled. Evan had said this because Spencer wasn't spending time with Mel at the game and Mel was getting upset, because it seemed like Spencer was playing games.I mean, serioulsy that was the main reason why he came. But, it was all good at the end of the night. :) I'm not going to stop going to the football games , just because my friends got their guys. I love football! I always get pointers from the varisty cheerleaders by watching how they cheer.
"You just need to get out there more, Jessica advised. You're sheltered and inexperienced."
Okay, once again HOW do I get out there?Joining clubs and stuff? I've joined the Bible study club but, that's all girls and I didn't join the club so I can find a boy. That's silly. I joined so I can read the Bible and learn more about it. I'm going to join clubs that I like anyway, not so I can meet some boy. LOL. Whatever. By the way, I got my driving permit today. :) Yay! Perfect plan- sophomore year (now) permit, then junior year, license. So, although I turned fifteen in Feburary of last year, I will still be sixteen when I get my license. Sixteen going on seventeen. I can drive around only with family members for now. And then several months from now, I really don't have too. I think? Yay, that means I can take myself to cheerleading and dates! I mean I know there's like a state curfew or something...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.
I agree with you. Obama is the American dream.
And I'm so sorry that you went through crap like that at school. That's just not right- Catholic school too? Man.

Nicole Linette said...

Thank you Rose :)

Ah, I'm so happy Obama won as well. But the ignorance of people ... it's entirely frustrating and there's no way to fix it. I suppose we just have to take it in stride and be the better people. Your friend is right though about getting out, but I suppose the best way to meet new friends (that you can trust) is through your other friends ... maybe there's some from neighboring schools or in your Church??
And you got your permit before me! D: Ack, that's awful hahaha. Good for you though :) I'm going for my test on Mondayy!

peace&♥
nicole.

BiLLiON $$$ said...

thanks ur r so right i am gonna stop worrying :)

Jordyn said...

okay, sorry if you felt i was bashing obama...i wasnt...im sorry....but i am happy for him overall, and his daughters are super lucky too....i hope woy meet a new guy tho!!

Triss Teh said...

Yes Obama won, but don't forget, people voted for Mccain too.