Saturday, March 1, 2008

Phone Calls


It's Saturday night and I am sooo terribly bored! I haven't anywhere to go and there are no good books to read! This is so sad. I really don't want to do my homework either... I don't have much. I'll just do it tomorrow morning. Anyway, the thrift shop was alright. I volunteered with a lot of elderly people. They were really nice and were proud of my work. One woman was telling a bit of gossip. It was unnecessary but I listened attentively and smiled politely as she babbled. The thrift shop is really a boring place to volunteer. I would like to bring a huge group of my friends and my sisters next time. I think the other volunteers would like that. Oh, but I wish I was volunteering with my heart not because of school. Shamefully, I feel as if doing service projects for credit, like another long assignment. I couldn't help but look forward to the end and I glanced at the clock repeatedly.
*sigh*

I would really like for someone to call me. A friend of mine (whom I haven't spoken to in three months) randomly called me last Saturday. I was thrilled! I was so happy to hear his voice. He was on punishment since November sixth or so. Since then, I haven't heard anything.I love getting phone calls and text messages. It reassures me that someone is actually thinking of me. And they would like to hear my voice and listen to my thoughts. So remember strangers, when someone calls you, smile and pick up. After all, phones do have a lot of meaning. I can be on the phone for hours and hours chatting with my galfriends. Sometimes, phone calls can be really sweet and memorable, or they can cause some sort of angst and pain. A phone can be meaningless. They can draw people closer or send them apart.Words are powerful, dear friends. That is why, phone calls are stories.

No comments: