Saturday, March 22, 2008

Date Talk

You are not in love.
Dating is beautiful, but it takes a lot of communication and trust for it to "work." Kids my age fail to understand that. When you're 15, relationships aren't so serious. When you're 16, relationships get a little bit crazy and emotional. Most of them are meaningless and just a simple desire of the opposite sex. In others, the relationships are fake. And the relationships in middle school are just downright stupid. Both freshmen year and middle school relationships only last for weeks and communication is only through endless text messages. I understand that in high school(especially in freshmen year) dating should not get too serious. After all, none of us are really planning to get married soon, correct? Dating in high school should be fun and pure. Kids who find themselves talking about children and marriage with their current boyfriend/girlfriend are going too far, thinking too far ahead, and giving their hearts away too quickly. I can already see my friends heading down that road. These days, couples face pressure to do things that would bring shame and despair. Especially the boys.

I speaking through the many observations I have noted in my mind throughout my whole freshmen year. One other thing I have noticed is that, many teenagers date people who they cannot imagine marrying. A friend once told me that dating is the preparation for marriage, and if you are kissing and holding hands with someone who cannot possibly imagine sharing the same roof with, what are doing that relationship? That is why, my dear strangers that we must choose our campanions wisely. We must be able to converse and avoid compromising situations. Doing those things in high school is quite difficult for us teenagers. Feelings change at a rapid pace and hormones and emotions that are ever so deep, run high but don't last for eternity. And that is why, teen relationships don't last.

Or perhaps these somewhat bloodcurdling, exhilirating emotions do last. These days, it's all about the hookups and sex. Hardly anyone is waiting for their true beloved. But, I am. I'm waiting. I'm waiting for that one special man. I actually won't mind having a boyfriend, although dating is not allowed.(To my dad, that is NEVER allowed. Then again, he hopes I will marry someday. Lol!) Dating is a distraction though, and I really need to concentrate on my spiritual life and my schoolwork. My expectations are quite high. Well not really. I have a throbbing heart for sweethearts- the kind and shy boys. I focus on other things but, I still keep my eyes open. Just like any other girl, I still look at cute boys- the boys I see everyday at school and the celebrity hotties. We all want to be admired by someone. It's a natural feeling, a natural bond that God blessed us with. Some are desperate and some are just waiting.

I use to be the desperate one. But the so called "need" was not conspicuous at all. It wasn't a trait people would automatically take from my spoken words. I was so desperate that I started to enter and search for chat rooms trying find some boy.It is almost every girl's dream to achieve male attention, and it is almost every boy's dream to feel a women's affection. I admit that I wonder what it would be like to have a boyfriend, but I don't take any sort of action to please my curiosity. When it comes to dating with teenagers, we tend to be really flirtatious and get we really excited when it comes to meeting cute boys or girls. One day, my sister and I had this incredibly cute pizza boy deliver our pizza, and he even watched him drive away. There is this boy I met at my church during the Christmas season and wow, he is HOT and... he's older.Lol, his name is Josh and he is such a sweetie. Boys often inquire why us girls like older boys and then us girls just simply say, "The maturity level." One question that boys inquire(which really gets under my skin) is, "Why do girls like bad boys?" I don't. The media tells them we do, but a lot of girls' hearts melt over a sweetie pie.

It is a wonderful feeling to be infatuated. Most teenagers are not in love. They confuse infatuation with love. They claim they are in love and then they wonder why the relationship shattered and bruised. It is possible to discover true heart burning love as a teen but, most of us haven't developed the maturity of adult love. We're too young to give ourselves up. We have plenty of time to search and find.

Maybe, I am ready to hold someone's hand but this gal is not chasing after anyone.

Boy, if you want me, come and find me.

No comments: