Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Parents


My parents are very hard workers. Honestly, they work too hard. Thanks to school tuition, we are suffering financially, and that puts a lot of stress on both of them. My dad basically has two jobs and my mom can only work part time because of me and my sisters. At times, I feel sad when my parents complain of headaches and lack of sleep. My sisters and I could go to our local schools, but we really like the school that we go to. I've met so many amazing people at my highschool and I love the Catholic environment. But, it would be a lot easier for my parents if my sisters and I attended our local schools. If gas prices keep climbing up, then that's the alternative. I just feel really sorry for my parents. It's not only the stress I feel terrible for, but their dreams. Both my mom and dad don't necessarily enjoy what they do on a weekly basis. My mom told me yesterday that she hated her job with a passion. How can you live with that?

She dreamed of becoming a trial lawyer.My mom had her degree and everything, and then she got married to dad then had me. My father wanted to be a doctor, but I don't know what happened along the way. I don't know what I would do if I weren't doing my dream job. I guess I have to push harder in school. So really, what are parents? Parents are the first educators in a child's life. They can push, nag, and help us succeed in life. We need parents. They provide us with shelter and comfort and truly as my mom had stated, "No one loves you more than your parents." God? What about God? Doesn't He loves us more than our own parents? I guess my mom was talking about "no one on earth loves us more than our parents."

These days, I find it difficult to get along with my parents, especially my mother. We quarrel alot, and we quarrel on just about anything. My little sister Jenny, (shes's ten) gets along with her best because "she's sweet and innocent," whereas Caroline (14) and I do not. I get along much better with my dad. Sometimes, if I have a problem, I would come to him. Sure, I tell my mom about my crushes and all that. Of course, I don't come to my dad for that kind of advice. He's a little overprotective. That's my problem, though. I don't come to my parents anymore. Not really. Almost not at all. I don't know why, but I just can't come to them for advice. I did that recently this summer and I ended getting scolded at and I was left in shame and tears. Communication is very very important, especially with parents. We're a family, we should be comfortable in doing so. Maybe I should start off slow and I will gradually get comfortable.

Cheer quote of the day: "Fly high, do or die, dare to dream, cheer extreme." Author Kara, WC, Ohio, USA

14 comments:

i'm more like me said...

my parents have offered many times to put me in a private school, but i always say no, and no its not bcuz it cost like 10k a year, i could def get the scholarships for atleast 2 sports and grades which would make it extreamly low, its just that i love my public school and every1 in it, maybe if u wanna keep going there u should help pay 4 it

arychtexas said...

wow good post... "I just feel really sorry for my parents. It's not only the stress I feel terrible for, but their dreams. Both my mom and dad don't necessarily enjoy what they do on a weekly basis"

<<<< that right there should make you push harder and do your best to reassure your parents that all the stress and pressure they are under is worth it! Just to know that you care about your education and you appreciate their hard work is golden to them!

Skippy said...

I'm sorry you're going threw a rough time in your life right now.

Parents are Parents.
We as children might not understand them, but I know how many sacfices they have made for us. For that and may more reasons is why I love my parents. I guess I'm strange, but I get along equally with me parents. And yes I think every dad is too over protective(it's kinda thier job).

Ada Beth Croft said...

I love my mommy! My brother Tommy has started blogging. He is so cute, he is 8. He would be ecstatic if you commented his blog. He loves comments. It makes him feel like a superstar! http://www.thomas-edward-croft.blogspot.com

Thank You! _Ada _says_Bye_in_the_Sky

Smara said...

I know what you mean about quarreling with your mom a lot, me and my mom went through that for a little while. I think it's just a thing all teenagers go through with their parents though. And yeah lately I've felt closer with my dad than usual too!

Anonymous said...

Sweet post♥ Thanks for the comment. Yeah that looks alot like ashlee simpson :-)

~kristin

Ada Beth Croft said...

Thanks, tommy loved your comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Thanks for the comment Hey Check out my friend Klarissa's blog her URL is

http://living-in-another-life.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

dude we are alike. we love our dad. daddy's rock. but i certainly don't come to my parents for advice because they either tease or overprotect me. so instead i come to my closest cousin monica she is 15. and if she is older i know she has been through more than me. so... yea!

Karine said...

My parents also work A LOT!
I kind of hate it sometimes...

:(

I wrote new stuff in my blog!

Kisses
:***

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love the picture you have with the little baby hand holding the big hand!! it's really beautiful....


Krosmarie

Triss Teh said...

You had the guts to post it. I admire you for that.

Jordyn said...

wow. our lives seem very similar, i mean...i feel so bad for my parents--more my dad than mom--because of gas, food, school, child support, bills, food...i mean, it all adds up, and my mom and i get into arguments a lot too....

Sianne I Am said...

My parents are struggling too and I also feel bad for them. Just know something will happen and everything will be alright, because God will put you through Hell to get you to Heaven. So he knows who really belongs there. I think thats why our parents our strong, because they know that. Thats just what I THINK. I don't know for sure tho. But I get in fights with my mom too, and always about dumb stuff, I think that is just part of the journey and soon enough we will come to realize that all that was for a good reason. (Sorry, didn't mean to go all "preacher" on ya. Aparantley, I am VERY opinionated. :) lol) I hope things get better Rose.
♥♥♥