Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breathless

Laughter.
Oh how I love to laugh. I've been told numerous times that I laugh consistently. Of course, my peers get pretty annoyed by my repetive "Hahahah's" but laughter makes me feel good. Until I get breathless of course then I need to stop. I laugh at the strangest things. However, alot of comedy movies do not make me laugh. Most of it to me, isn't very funny. I don't break a grin whenever someone trips or unintentionally hurt themselves. That to me is not funny. I think humor is a wonderful trait to have. I can't make people laugh. Not all the time, but I'm not very good at it if I try too hard. Laughter is medicine. Whenever I'm sad, my friends may try to crack me up by bringing up silly memories. Laugther makes us feel good and dries our tears. Yesterday, I got to see my friends Lexi and Mel whom I haven't seen since the last day of school (May 23) and they whole time we were shopping, we were laughing!

And here, by request of Triss Teh( http://www.trissteh.blogspot.com/) is another poem. I "dug" through my old computer documents and found this one that I had written. It's pretty old.
"No Beauty In This"
I look into mirror, with one glance
I cringe.
I take his hand; with one squeeze I’m sick.
I’m a living lie and they leave scars on my skin.
Those nightmares, those twisted dreams
I sink in deep.
Those words you speak, those lies they creep.
Making me shiver, oh shiver till I’m weak.
So, you leave my questions
Unanswered
And you took my dignity.
I hear you laugh, I hear you scream
All those emotions you robbed from
Me.
I can only see one thing…
I see no beauty in this.

19 comments:

i'm more like me said...

y is it u always have an amazing pic to go w/ ur posts
ps i like the pics keep putting them in

anaaaaaaishh :D said...

i love love love to laugh(:

Smara said...

I am addicted to laughing. I laugh at anything and everything.. unless of course it's when someone gets hurt like you said. Cause that's just plain cruel. But yes, laughter is great and humor is a wonderful thing to have. & A smile is contagious, too! At least for me =]

Skippy said...

Whoa! I was going to use that same photo in one of my posts...creepy. I think I laugh a lot...ok I laugh all the time! I make people laugh, although I never know if they're laughing with me or at me(lol).

I love this poem!
Do more! Do more!

Red said...

I too love to laugh...but beware, I cackle like a chicken. True! And laughing is at the top of my list, except fro now, while recovering from spinal surgery.

Please, do not underestimate what your back controls, for it controls everything.

But once I am repaired...bring on the comedies and bowls of popcorn...hey wait, why do I have to wait on the popcorn.

"SKIPPY!, make youy voon-de-bar popcorn!"

Mauk said...

well that makes two poems i read now by the self proclaimed non poet. I encourage you to keep writing because you have a gift. But your gift is not truly your own. For it was given to you by God. I encourage you to use the gift he has given to you for His glory. Make sure to give thanks to God for how He has blessed you. In all things praise the Lord. For He is worthy. Always look with the eyes of your heart so that through God you can see the beauty in everything.
God Bless

Anonymous said...

My Hobby: mailing tickle me Elmo's to various places that need him.

Ada Beth Croft said...

I swear I laugh like 40 bajillion times a day!

ashleyy said...

i really do think that laughing is the real medicine. it works on almost everything. oh and i love the poem. its really really great. im not such a poetry wiz. haha

1olinluvr4evr said...

i'm always laughing to. even at things that realy arent funny. lol.

-1olinlover

Nicole Linette said...

Hahaha, so many people find my laugh annoying. But I could care less, it's one of my faaavorite things to do :) That's great you recconnected with friends you haven't seen in a while, that's always enjoyable. Your poem is excellent, you're so in tune with your emotions!

Thanks so much for adding me to your list :D

peace&♥
nicole.

Darling. said...

I love to laugh.
It is medicine for almost anything.

Steph

Olivia Fuller said...

Brown bagging it is definitely the way to go :P.
Ahhh, I love laughter. It really is medicine as you said, I feel so much better once someone makes me crack up. It's especially nice being able to laugh and reconnect with people you haven't seen in awhile.

arychtexas said...

fact---people who laugh live longer....


that poem was hot hands down

i'm more like me said...

ya, im just too awsome, jk
glad 2 bring u joy and laughter, 2 things needed by all

C-Lo 101♥ said...

Your a really good writer! And you take good pics to go with it.
Love the post btw.♥

Anonymous said...

It's very good that you love to laugh!!!! I like that poem very much too!!

Krosemarie

Anonymous said...

It's very good that you love to laugh!!!! I like that poem very much too!!

Krosemarie

Sianne I Am said...

I think laughing cleanses the soul and replenishes people (maybe not of breath but of happiness :))
Amazing poem btw. Did you write it?
♥ ♥ ♥