Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Smile, because you're beautiful.


Your smile is beautiful, my girls.
And you're so lovely.
Smile. :)
Just do it.
Go to the mirror- right now. And whisper to yourself, "God made me. I am beautiful. I deserve good things, happy things, and sweet things just like everyone else."
Okay, you can come back now. :)
This is the month of love.
Actually, every day and every month should be about love. Love is all we truthfully and sometimes secretly yearn for the most. I noticed how my biology teacher (as sexist as she is. goodness. drives me mad.) hand held the absence of a ring. She is aged and bitter, and believes that men are simply 'bad apples' on the tree. My teacher wants love. I wouldn't be able to bare life without a man in my life.I'm generally a happy person. I can be quite energetic. Pep rallies, at cheer practice, and at games, oh yes I scream. :) In the mornings especially, I'm jamming to my ipod and speak way too loudly for my own good. I try not to get too upset or angry to the point it brings down my whole world. And laughter is my best friend. I am always laughing.

Several times, people (particularly Caroline, my sister) get irritated by it. "Rose, shut up!" Caroline would growl. My dad use to defend a lot at home. "Just leave her alone, He would say. "She's a happy kid." This past weekend I also learned that smiling at strangers can brighten up someone's day as well as your own! At the gym last Saturday, a cute boy looked back twice at me as I was walking the opposite direction. I caught his eyes and I plucked up the courage to beam at him. The boy smiled back at me and I promise you, I felt my heart flutter with exhilaration. Exchanging looks and smiles with a cute stranger is a sweet thing. :) And the funny thing is, I saw him again just yesterday at the gym! He acknowledged my presence, but I was too bashful to smile again. I also learned that complimenting strangers as well can do wonders to your day, as well as that particular person you're complimenting. While I was on my way to the hair ribbons aisle at Wal-Mart, I saw a girl and her blonde hair was in perfect wavy curls.

My, her hair was gorgeous. I just had to say something. The girl looked about my age, and she was busy picking out some food items from a rack. " I love your hair!" I squealed, grinning from ear to ear. The girl turned around and gave me the most beautiful smile. She was a very pretty girl. "My hair?! She gasped, pleasantly shocked. She giggled. "Aw thank you!" Try it, my readers. This works beautifully. Happiness is lovely and I am feeling crazy happy at this moment for no reason at all. Perhaps it's my light homework and I have a chance to go the gym. Or, that I'm feeling lucky and I'm entering a bunch of random contests to win free stuff. No it's not of that at all. It's the Lord that blesses me with happiness that leaves me breathless.Yep, it's Him. All Him. Although, I feel as if my academic and cheer life is slowly drifting me away from God. I'm just so busy nowadays. My prayers are just quick words of Thanks, God!' and I haven't written to Him for over a week. I have time tonight. I have to make time for my Father.


My 16th birthday is on Thursday!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i like giving random compliments, too.

smiling is fun.

and i think rachel bilson is gorgeous.

happy 16th if i don't talk to you before. :)

Smara said...

Happy 16th birthday!

I like smiling, smiling's my favorite :)

Yes, I just quoted the Christmas movie, Elf, but it's true. I smile ALL the time. Like, nonstop. It's good for you! Besides, the more you frown, the more likely it is for you to get wrinkles at a younger age. haha!

Ana said...

Aww this was such an energetic, inspiring post. Giving someone random a compliment is the best gift because it makes you nervous with happiness...does that make sense?

I also like how you said that laughter is your best friend.

BiLLiON $$$ said...

your blogs is one of the blogs i have missed the most in my away time...it's good to finally catch up^ :)

Bombchell said...

aww this is such a lovely post!!! I'll compliment strangers more.

and next time u see that cute boy, smile, if not he might think it was all in his head =)

Ashlyn Potter said...

Ur such an amazing writer:^) I mean that from the bottom of my heart. God gave you a gift :^) I appreciate how dedicated to God you are. Not many people are that devoted. And its nice to hear an encouraging word. Its refreshing to think positively.

<3 Ashlyn

George Quirk said...

Whenever I am tired from work, I just think of happy thoughts to recompose myself and bring back that curved line on my face. Happy thoughts lighten everyone's feelings, and it gives us that youthful energy and aura. There's no need to think of sorrows when there are so much more wonderful moments to remember.