Sunday, February 15, 2009

If my heart says so


"You young ladies should be the dream catch for any man worth having. Beauty, brains, standards... you should be a gift to any guy. Choose one that take care of the present you are. You may come up against quite a few knuckleheads up here on campus, but believe me, there is a man made just for you. Payton, I know your mom was just for me, and I did everything I could to catch her.With all the fast girls running behind me, your mom refused to chase me or any other man.I knew with her, I had to come correct. She was on many guys' lists. That was because she wasn't laying down with no man she wasn't married to. All my friends wanted to be the guy that got her in the end. She was a confident brown fox, and I just had to have her. As the story went, I won her heart. Girls, don't settle for less than what you know in your heart is the very best man."

-'The Sweetest Gift' by Stephanie Perry Moore

Listen to your heart and don't give it away so quickly. Not everyone deserves a piece. Keep your eyes open and true and let God lead the way. I remember saying this over summer on here: "Guard your body and shield your heart, because anyone can just take it apart."

1 comment:

Ashlyn Potter said...

Thats just what I've been needing to hear :^)

<3 ashlyn