Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things are getting back to normal(the quick version)

I know I said that I will only but happy things are here but...
The happiness is slightly wearing off. I'm feeling distant from God again. My heart is not opening up at Mass(That's what us Catholics call church service) and I'm not going to daily Mass anymore. I don't know why. My spiritual high is not so high anymore. I'm losing it. Things are getting back to normal. And, in my case that's a terrible thing. My life is totally different now. For a long time I felt close to Christ after the retreat and now... I'm drifting off. I need to get back on track. I need to pray more. I need to spend more time with God. Pray for me, readers.
Please?
School's a mess. Kids are drinking. Lexi is hanging with the wrong crowd and one of my other friends Audrey gets wasted... for fun. Homecoming drama sucks. But, it's all over now. Chris and I went to Homecoming and we had fun. He gave me my first kiss and we had the times of our lives. He asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course I said yes. Then...
He cheats on me.
Chris Angel cheated on me. He was at his cousin's party last Saturday and there was some girl who had a crush on him and she kissed him. And, Chris kissed back.
....
He called me the next day- Sunday(this past Sunday) and told me all this. It was early Sunday morning. About nine. He also told me how we rushed into a relationship and how we should of stayed friends longer. He said the distance(we lived 35 minutes away and we don't have a license or anything and with gas and all that...) was too much. He also said that he had alot of school and soccer going on and his friends were pressuring him to break up with me because we just met. It's true. We rushed. Chris is right about everything. But, of the fact of him actually deciding to cheat on me hurts. It hurts so bad. I was wreck yesterday. I cried on and off all day. The pain was real. I was so emotionally drawn into the relationship. I now understand the pain of a broken relationship. Even Lexi and my sister started to cry. Chris Angel, the boy we all thought was flawless. I never thought he would hurt me like that. I am glad he actually dialed my number and told me what happened. But, he doesn't care about me. At all. If he did, then he would've kissed that other girl. Chris basically told me that he chose to kiss the girl. He could of backed away. He give into pressure. Honestly, if I were in that position and a guy was trying to kiss me and if I were in a relationship, I would slapped him across the face and tell him to get lost because I have a boyfriend. Believe it. I always think of him. When I'm around other guys I didn't flirt or anything. I actually thought of him, because I cared. Everyone thought we were going to last for a long time. Our monthversary would of been on his birthday-November fourth. We had plans.(I was going to bake him a soccer birthday cake and then we were going to take a walk and go to Sonic for lunch. I was going to spend the whole day at his house) Which is also Election Day.

He told me that he would kiss me when Obama wins. I can't believe Chris hurt me. All those sweet phone messages, all those sweet things he would say to me. I thought he actually cared. He sang to me, called me beautiful, and told me he would take care of me. "Angel" by Jack Johnson is the song he dedicated to me. I'm deleting that off my ipod. The corsage he gave me on Homecoming and his bracelet he gave to me on our first date has to be dumped. I'm not mad. Believe it or not. I wasn't mad on the phone either. Honestly, I took all this well. I understood, I listened. Of course I cried, but it wasn't melodramatic. I didn't yell or get angry. I'm sad not mad. I couldn't even admit to anyone that he cheated until today. Until I talked to one of my good friends Jessica, and she gave me the cold hard truth. And you know what? I forgive him. I told him on the phone too. I honestly do forgive him. He was relieved that I took all of "this" well. "Rose, you're taking this so well..." Chris told me he still cares about me and he still has feelings for me. And that he didn't want to lose me as a friend at least. I'm starting to believe that he lied to me. He doesn't care about me. Oh my heart was so broken. So so broken. The break up was not a good one. He said that we could just "date" or just be friends. He wanted to leave that up to me.

I said just friends. He accepted and hung up. I woke up this morning and it hit me- the break up. I cried. Chris is no Prince Charming. And, he's not pure either. Sure he says "no" to premartial sex, but that's not just not it, you know what I mean? Purity is more than that. It's more than saying "no" to sex before marriage. Cheating and lying in a relationship is not purity. It's called being unfaithful. He admitted that what he did was totally wrong and unfaithful. "I'm sorry I hurt you like that Rose." He obviously likes that other girl. After all, no one would kiss someone they don't like. I wouldn't. It's funny how he said that I was all he ever wanted and how he wouldn't hurt me. It's funny how people say things and everything is screwed up. Chris Angel hurt me. I thought he was the most amazing guy I met. He use to be all I ever wanted. All of my friends are shocked. Melanie, his best friend said, "That's so unlike him!" He has no idea how much he hurt me. He's already moved on. I texted him after school and I got these weird vibes that he didn't want to text me at all. He asked me if I was okay and for a moment I got happy. "Omigosh he cares!" I exclaimed. I texted back and told I was fine (not really) and I told him I was worried about him yesterday and that I really wanted to talk to him. Chris's response: "I'm good. I only want to keep you as a friend ya know." My response: "I know."

Ouch. Yeah, but now I could care less. Jessica made me realize that Chris is not the one and that I deserve much better. I mean, he's not a bad person. He just made a bad decision, just like he said. And now, when I picture us kissing or at least try to, I see nothing. The memories are fading. I don't even want to be his friend. How can I trust him to be a good friend if he cheated on me? My first kiss? My first boyfriend? We were only together for two weeks. I told him everyhing. We got super close. I told him some private stuff too. But hey, does that really matter? My sister is ticked. Really ticked. I got too attached. Chris said he got attached too.
Hmm...
That doesn't matter. I'm going to delete that voice message and those meaningful text messages. They're all soo sweet. But I know there's a guy out there who is truthfully and honestly pure and much more sweeter than Chris. And that guy would be better. I can't save Chris's stuff if I want to move on. " God will heal you." Chris told me, quietly. God is the only one who can mend my broken heart. I'm okay now though. You guys won't hear about Chris ever again on here. It's over. After all this crap I don't even want to be in another relationship, or just "date" any guy for that matter. I can't see myself with anyone. I was a total wreck Sunday. I even left church early. I couldn't focus. So, I'm tossing the bracelet and the corsage out the window and those diary pages I will keep because, he's not all what I wrote about anyway. He was my first entry though and I read that to him. I read almost everything to him-well the stuff that I wrote about him. I didn't do anything wrong. I was good to him and he was good to me. Till Saturday. Whatever.
So things are back to normal and that song is playing in my ears as I type. Man. Break ups suck.


Please comment. And tell me what you think.
Note:10/22: Chris has a new girlfriend. I'm pretty sure he does. His relationship status went from "single" to "It's complicated with....
Wow. I found out on facebook. When I saw that I cried.

9 comments:

BiLLiON $$$ said...

don't stres that happens to me sometimes u just have to reconnect :)

Anonymous said...

Thats so awful!! I am so sorry that happened, and I will definitly pray for you..

btw, I get that sometimes too, there are times I don't connect with God at mass, and it scares me, but we must have faith!

God bless you!

Krosemarie

Nicole Linette said...

Oh, Rose, I am so sorry :{.

I pretty much went through the same exact kind of breakup ... except the long-distance boyfriend didn't cheat on me (as far as I know) and he didn't have the courage to call me when he ended it; he texted me instead. It was three weeks, but I thought I knew him. I've moved on, and we aren't friends, but it still hurts to think that someone can cut something off love (or something like it), that easily. Or make a foolish mistake in your case.

That's incredible though that you weren't mad. You really rose above it, which probably means you're in tune with yourself. And God, for that matter, since he's apart of us too. It's okay to be sad, and if you don't want to be friends with him ... just don't. It would be difficult I think.

I hope everything else works out for you. And as a random note... gaaahh, my birthday is November 4th too XP. Sorry if that makes you think of him. I just had to say something.

peace&love
nicole :)

Ali said...

Wow--I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY Rose!!!!!!!!! That's HORRIBLE!!!!!!! See...men DO suck!!!!!!! ARG!!!!!!! I'm here for you Rose!!!!! That's horrible!! I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

wow.

i'm so sorry. :( that's terrible that he would do that to you. it's just wrong. :(

i'm impressed that you took it like you did, though. you're really strong.

roxy

Darling. said...

I'm sorry.
But, I saw it coming.
Were talking about a 15 year old boy here. Most men are the same. You are a girl, so if someone kissed you, you wouldn't kiss back. But, he's a guy. It's not the same.

I always feel like I'm losing my faith:(

Anyway, don't worry Rose. Your a great person. And you will find love someday. It may not be in the same way though.

Leilah = LoVE♥ said...

Oh that is so uncool. He cheats on you? This is one pretty sad post and I heart the picture to death. It's amazing.

Jordyn said...

first off, im sorry about your friends. they really shouldn't drink. one of my friends passed out at a party from alcohol poisoning and had to go to the hospital to get beer and vodka and whatever else pumped out of her stomach so she wouldn't die. they shouldn't want that for themselves.

now chris. chris is a bad name--ask sianne--but we share the same birthday--novenmber fourth. I can't believe he would cheat, actually CHEAT on you. how lame. i cant believe it. but you forgave him, which makes you a better person than i...i woulnt be able to do that. especially with matt--my bf. i dont think you rushed into your relationship tho. you both liked eachother and trusted and confided...thats what you do in relationships. i was positive you were made for eachother and it would last. then he goes out and kisses some chick!! ahh! rose, im so super duper sorry for you. jsyk, its OKAY to cry...he was your first boyfriend, kiss...relationships dont usually go the way yours did, and you shouln't give up. you will get a good one that tells you sweet things and holds you and doesnt cheat. and loves you. he will love you. he obviously didnt care for you too much if he cheated tho. and he got over you so fast. i have no clue how he could do that!!!! just act like you dont care about him either. maybe he'll realize what he did.

he didnt deserve you. delete all of everything and find a new, better, nicer guy...that wont cheat on you. talk to God. he will make you realize that chris was not the one and there's someone else out there for you. break ups do stink, and i will pray for you. don't worry. i will.



chris sucks. i cant believe you forgave him. what a dummy (him not you).

Katrina :) said...

Awwwww... HUGS!!! I'm really sorry. guys can be such jerks. You totally deserve better!

I had something like that with my ex boyfriend...but not quite.
He broke up with me over text while I was in NY at my aunt's house and then 2 days later, I find out he kissed a girl he didn't even know. Yes we had broken up and all, but the thing is...he NEVER kissed me in the 7 months we went out. So guys are really just jerks!

I'm sorry life's just crazy. And I know what you mean about being distant from God. recently, i'd been having a hard time with everything and just kept swearing and swearing. But I started listening to A LOT of christian music (Skillet, Flyleaf, 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Hawk Nelson) and I'm starting to feel closer. I'm also going to work on writing more christian songs. I also met this guy Caleb, who sounds like Chris a little...i'm just not sure yet. I'm going just spend time talking to him and getting to know him. I'm not even sure if he likes me. haha typical.

anywho...this is like on really long comment so I'm gonna go.
>:D< more hugs!
-Trina