Saturday, November 29, 2014

Who are you again, Rose Valentine?



Six years ago when I started this blog, I discovered bits and pieces of myself that I was hiding from the woman who was blinking right back at me in the mirror. Six years ago, I was afraid of my own intense emotions. I was afraid of what people could do to me.
Now, as a new woman I want to talk about how this blog has helped me grow, presently. I think it is very important for all of us to recognize who we are when we wake up in the morning, and not at the end of the day based on how people  interacted with us. How sweet is it to lay down to sleep, realizing that your own flaws were not used as weapons, just because someone viewed you as distasteful? Knowledge is  empowering. When we walk into a room, head held up high, and with ears ready to listen, we become better people. Cliche indeed, but the way we think truly affects how we treat other people. I like to know how people think and feel because it helps me become more aware of how life works. It's not all about us as individuals. God created us in communities for a reason.
 I am extremely open as you can see. Even books get envious. I'm kidding, but I believe my desire to connect with people contributes as to why I am not afraid to be vulnerable.
Me.
I am a woman who isn't afraid to feel, but a 21 year old college student who doesn't understand her own future. I am a human being who is emotional, but views it as a strength because I know how to love shamelessly. I am an adult who loves adventure, but aware of the fact that my faith is a necessary shield.
I look forward into growing more and more each time I post on here. This is my cure, another desire fulfilled to connect.

2 comments:

Sophia T said...

Beautiful. So inspirational. Keep up the incredible work!

XOXO,
Sophia

Carly--The Doctor Diva said...

Beautiful post!
The Doctor Diva