Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Bash

Why is it so difficult to achieve New Year's resolutions?
It's so easy for the human mind to drift and wander. Motivation gets lost. We've got to fight the temptation to lose. Imagine how much happier the new year would be. Just close your eyes and see yourself smile.
I have my resolutions placed in three categories. Categorizing them on the computer makes my resolutions appear less intimidating and challenging. I know I will conquer them, because I believe it in my heart. Their not unrealistic, either-they're my dreams. Every single one of them.
This year I've learned that love is not what my heart desires the most. In fact, relationships frighten me. The heart can really hurt, you know. Really hurt. It will still beat, but with bruised beats and that is where the pain comes from. And that is what scares me- a beating bruised heart. You can't take pills to make the pain vanish. You have to use the invisible bandages like God's love to save you. The simplest things like, lyrics to a song or even a photograph can hypnotize you into sick. I am caught in some sort of "Forbidden Romance" and it's scaring me and puzzling my mind.
"You have feelings for me?"
"I do, I can't explain, but I really do. You're my girl, Rose and you always will be."
Long story and I'm most definitely saving it for another post. Love is not worth my time or my heart.
Dreams seem more promising.

Dreams can vanish very quickly, very fast. One accident can ruin everything. Just one. Dreams are fragile. You have to have an open heart, a clear mind, and an optimistic look to achieve them. Not everything goes as planned. But with God on your side and Jesus holding your hand, there is no defeat. With them two, you will have the ball in your hands and make the touchdown, the goal, the hoop...
And then you'll do a little dance. :)
I have learned quite a lot this past year. It's been lovely, stressful, and wow talk about major explosions. From academics to everything else, some point throughout the year, things were breaking apart. Balancing school and cheer was a major challenge, dating a jerk for six months was disgusting, and friends? Dear Lord. The Homecoming drama and breaking into pairs and (gossiping about each other within those pairs) was just absolutely immature and utterly ridiculous. My girls and I were definitely bringing out the claws to the point we were all screaming all at once, "PLEASE. Can we tame ourselves?!" I will never understand how girls and women can be so nasty and harsh to each other. I remember telling my father about this and he was right, we were going through a phase. Friends drift apart all the time. Anyway, 2010 is fast approaching and I've got big plans for this blog.

The Truce-
I, Rosalina Nastassia Valentine swear on my heart that I will give myself one rockin' new year. :)
The Goals:
Academic
  • More a's. I have way too many b's.
  • Focus more. Everyday is National Nerd Day.
Cheerleading
  • Sign up for tumbling classes and get backhandspring. C'MON LET'S GO.
  • Higher and better jumps
  • Tryout for competition. (Let's not repeat last year's disaster, now shall we? Oh my gosh no.)
Modeling
  • More photoshoots. Send to magazines.Finish portfolio
  • Sign up for an agency.
  • Sign up for contests
2010! It's going to be a bash!
What to look forward to:
-License
-SAT.(HA. I'm totally joking. I'm quite nervous. I want to get into a good college)
-Lucky 17 photoshoot with the beautiful Emily White and the stunning Alexis Johnson. My friends. :)
-Lucky 17 birthday bash or sophisticated dinner. I'm trying to decide.
-My first prom!!(found some lovely dresses already!)
-Hopefully more to come!

&& the most important... the number one.
Getting closer to Christ.

1 comment:

Bombchell said...

my kid brother is in 12th grade now, I cant believe it, it doesnt make sense to me that he'll be in college soon.

on ur prom im sure ull have a lovely time :)