Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Your Pain Medicine

Heartache is one of the most painful things, a human can ever feel. It is a wonder how the human heart was made like this:impatient, fragile, and easy to be tossed around. Tonight, I pray for the hurt and the brokenhearted.
Let Jesus be your pain medicine.
I feel hurt all the time. I feel hurt from my stupid mistakes-those harsh words that may slip to my silly actions. Oh yes, I honestly do. I cannot tell you how many nights I have been startled by my sleep in the middle of night, by these things. I just can't seem to accept my imperfections. But anyway, this post isn't about me.
This post is for you.
And you.
And you.
And you... yeah... you.
Gosh, I just CANNOT remember the Bible verse that goes along with this post! The verse fits so perfectly, like an engagment ring slipping on a maiden's finger. It fits... so right. Let me just give you your pain medicine, my readers.
If I can bake you a cupcake with sparkles and icing to brighten up your day... I would. Hurt and pain should be temporary. But it is so easy, for bad feelings to rob us. The world could be lovely, you know. You just have to walk with Jesus and love till your hearts break. Love till your hearts break?
Yes. Love traps us. Friendship love, relationship love, mother/daughter love... just plain love.
We get sucked in because it's simply just so easy. And when we are hurt, we feel the needles stabbing us, one by one.
Literally.
When your heart breaks, keep on lovin'. Because, love will only make you stronger, and the hurt will make your eyes wide open. But... but can't hurt block us, block us from loving? Aren't people just so sick of getting hurt? Your heart is begging you, readers. "Don't give up. Don't give up on me. Just let me heal and grow and then you can start all over again."
Let your smile be your pain medicine. Let your laughter be your joy and let the sun guide you. Don't push away the things that make you happy.
Life ends so quickly. My grandma died a week ago from breast cancer.
70.



5 comments:

Soph. said...

I knew you could fix me.
I'm crying like I haven't in a while. You know my pain, you understand more than anyone. But is continuing to love really what I need to do?

I need you, Rose.
I can't do this by myself.
I can't do this at all.

Kaitlin said...

daww, good post.

Unknown said...

this is beautifully inspiring in the best way. i am pleased and genuinely warm and happy inside with a lot of credit to yourself! lovely! thank you!

Ashlyn Potter said...

Awh, man. I wrote a comment, but something went wrong.. so I'll try to repeat what I said. I know I've said this before, but GOD HAS GIVE YOU A GIFT. You're an *amazing* writer, and encouraging to many people! Even though I don't know you personally there's so many good things I could say about you. On the days you doubt yourself, I hope you remember God is *always* going to be there for you, and He gave you something amazing to share with the world. Don't give up.. because you are *definitely* worth something. Keep writing! God bless x
Oh and I am SO sorry about your grandmother. You're family will be in my prayers (:

Ashlyn Potter said...

Given*