Thursday, April 17, 2008

"It's MY Choice."


One of the things I absolutely loathe is when parents block the road of personality development. In other terms, when parents get in the way. For example,f or a very long time, I wanted to become a cheerleader. I've always admired cheerleading, but for quite some time I bashed cheerleading because I envied the girls who were given the chance to become part of a squad. Continuously, I've been told that I'm always smiling andhat I'm peppy and I'm always in the state of happiness. "The qualities of cheerleader." my friend Mel,stated. It took me awhile to admit this because, I feared of the stereotypes that were circulating around in our society and I thought well, people would not accept me. Now, I am determined to follow my dream, regardless of what my mother says. Thanks to her, pursuing cheerleading is going to be difficult. She thinks that cheerleading is quote on quote, "Stupid and a waste of time." But, oh I love the energy of it! I need to do something that I absolutely feel confident in, and I think cheerleading is it. I've been wanting to participate for a very long time. Ballet is just not my thing. I'm planning to quit when the school year ends. All this time, I have NEVER had a good ballet class. I am the slowest one in there, and I look absolutely DISGUSTING in a leotard. As soon as I walk into class, my confidence plummets to the lowest level. It's crazy and after talking to Mel last night, I really want to quit. I cannot believe I wasted my time. Ballet is so beautiful and I wish I were brilliant at it but, it's just not my thing. I do well in dancing that involves alot of energy. Ballet is just too graceful. I AM going to be a cheerleader. No matter what my mother says. I can't let her get in the way anymore. After all, it's MY choice.

No comments: