Sunday, February 7, 2010

17 Confessions

I celebrated my 17th birthday on a rainy day, Feburary 5.
It was such a lovely day.
When I opened my locker, I was immediately greeted by a dozen pure white roses, a ballon, and a card from Micah. I couldn't thank him enough. As he watched my face glow, he gazed at me with longing eyes. "I'm so glad you love them, Rose. I know those are your favorite flowers. I bought a dozen,you see? It took the florist two weeks to find them." I was utterly amazed and thoroughly flattered. White roses are the flowers of the Virign Mary and they signify purity. That is my reason why I adore them so much. The girls who were around all cooed and gasped when they saw me cradle the bouquet in my arms. "Micah! One of them shrilled. "Did you get those for her? Aww you're so sweet!" A couple of girls approached me in the hallways and asked if Micah and I we were dating. I laughed and repiled with an innocent, "no." In Church History class, Savanna raised her eyebrows and said,"He loves you, Rose. Seriously. Like, oh my gosh, a dozen freaken roses?! Let me read the card."
Happy 17th Birthday, Rose.
You have no idea how much I value the deep connection that we have, nor how much it is a blessing to me.The best is yet to come!
Micah.
P.S- Can't wait for the monastery!
I read his message three times, staring at his boyish cursive. I was thrilled and feel so special. A guy has never, ever, made such an effort for me. Micah had arrived to school very early to put the roses in my locker. He wanted to get there before I did.
After school, he was waiting by my locker. We hugged again and as usual he departed with a smile saying, "I'll call you later."
My girls took me out for dinner and a movie for my birthday.(Dear John was quite disappointing I must say...) It was so much fun. We drove around blasting Boys Like Girls, Cobra Starship, and Lady Gaga. I love my friends with all of my heart. We really needed that g.n.o. After our night out, I arrived home around eleven and I put my roses in a vase. My mother was quite pleased. "Aw how sweet, she cooed. Wow, some adults don't even do this. Does he have a job?"
"No, I laughed. "This was probably quite expensive. I mean, white roses don't even bloom at this time of year. " My mother chuckled. "Go and show your father." I smiled and proceeded to his office. My dad was taken aback. "What?! Who's the boy?!"
Oh fathers... :)
I received a lot of phone messages, including one from Hunter. It was very sweet."Hey Rose, this is Hunter. Anyway, I was justing calling to wish you a Happy Birthday, and I hope you have a great one. I wish I can see you to wish you a real one, but the best I can do is call you. You know I love you and you can call me anytime."
I love being seventeen already. I feel like so many brand new happy things are coming along.
Man.
I feel so disconnected from this blog. I'm sorry my posts have been minimal and boring. I've just been so incredibly busy this semester. I don't even get sleep on the weekends. Oh and how's very dissatified with the Super Bowl this year? I AM FOR SURE. Number one, the Colts deserved the win much for then the Saints.(Who dat? Wow... seriously. That's obnoxious ha) and number two, the commericals were absolutely terrible! Anyway, back to the sleep deprivation schedule.. oh Mondays.
Why do we make our lives so dull sometimes?

2 comments:

Krosemarie said...

Happy Birthday =] It sounds like you had a great day, and that boy sounds like a keeper =]

I hope you know how much your writing inspires me to keep writing, it's so honest and pure, I adore it =]

Krosemarie

Kaitlin said...

hot damn! Micah sounds awesome.