Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April, my dear

I have the desire to travel the unknown. 
To stick my head above the clouds and wrap my sense of environment to an adventurous abyss. I was not created to sit in one place,...to drink the same cup of tea immensely. See the same things, the same crowd.
No. I have a heart of a nomad. I day dream of sinking my teeth into the freshest of fruits, soaking  my ears to the beat of a drum, and swim in a sea full of different people. I am feeling very happy today because I know there is something for me out there. Who knows what is it.
Is it wrapped in gold, the color blaring in my face so harshly that I can barely see it? What is my purpose?   At nigh,t I pray underneath the stars, my rosary neatly decorated in between fingers as I whisper my deepest thoughts to the Lord.Why do my ambitions keep changing? Because I am growing, molding my womanhood from how I experience every situation and cherish every laugh. My life is recorded by memories. Some pleasant, soft, harsh, dark, sweet... the list goes on. In May, I will finally have the freedom to experience what? A new career? A crown? Progress? The beauty of life is that we do not know what tomorrow brings. That is so beautiful to me that I am scared, so scared that I always forget this. April, my dear. You're here. I am dancing in a life where my peers are saying," I do," and where we are anxiously dreaming of the day to walk across the stage, have a stunning salary, and call ourselves by our successes and failures. Growing up is so odd to me. I am still peacefully(not always ha!) sleeping under my parents' house but I am not under the wing. See, I rely on them for quite a lot in my life because I am in no hurry to pack my bags. I am waiting. I am waiting for the day opportunity and hard work allows me to leave. At 22, I still have growing to do. There are many things that I am surrounded by that puzzle me. So, I wait. I learn. And listen well.

No comments: